Foundation / Corporation
Eden Prairie Community Foundation
Grants to Eden Prairie, Minnesota nonprofits, schools, and government agencies for programs focusing on the areas of education, arts and culture, recreation and the environment, and social services. Applicants must submit a letter of inquiry prior to submitting a full application.
Priorities for the Foundation's focus areas are outlined below:
- Education: Supports programs that provide instruction for children and adults - most often outside the classroom - which are offered by an established institution or nonprofit organizations, as well as programs that offer learning or community development opportunities.
- Arts and Culture: Supports programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in the community through music, visual and performing arts, and museums.
- Recreation and Environment: Supports programs that engage children and adults in activities that improve or sustain the quality of natural resources. Also supports programs that provide opportunities for children and adults to engage in sports, fitness, and health and recreational activities.
- Social Services: Supports programs that provide for important needs for children and adults, families, or community needs such as food, shelter, safety, clothing, and assistance for people with disabilities.
GrantWatch ID#: 176041
Grant projects need to be completed within one year, unless otherwise noted.
The Foundation concentrates its support toward proposals that fill an unmet need and demonstrate significant community impact, including the number of Eden Prairie residents directly affected.
The Foundation welcomes requests from eligible organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Classified as charitable organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Provides services to residents within the boundaries of Eden Prairie.
- Is part of a governmental body (such as schools or parks that serve the people of Eden Prairie).
The Foundation does not make grants to/for:
- Debt retirement
- Fundraising activities
- Individuals (aside from scholarships initiated or managed by the Foundation)
- Medical research
- Organizations with significant activity considered to be the influencing of legislation
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Religious organizations or those engaged in religious activities
- Requests from re-granting organizations for its own grantmaking activities
- Tickets for benefits
- Telephone solicitations
Steps to Apply:
Step 1 — Take the Eligibility Quiz
The simple online quiz will help to determine eligibility for the grant.
Step 2 — Submit a Letter of Inquiry
If the Eligibility Quiz has indicated that you qualify for a grant, the next step is to make an inquiry. Provide a short description of the project or proposal and how it will address an unmet need in Eden Prairie. Submit by e-mail to the Foundation’s executive director, Mark Weber.
Step 3 — Submit an Application
If an inquiry aligns with one of the Foundation’s priority areas and fills a local need, an organization will be encouraged to submit a full application. The Foundation will begin accepting applications for 2019 grants on Nov. 1, 2018, with the deadline being Dec. 23, 2018. Applications and materials must be submitted to Mark Weber by e-mail.
The Foundation accepts the Minnesota Common Grant Application. Organizations that wish to submit the Minnesota Common Grant Application are also required to submit the Self-Certification Checklist along with other application information.
Step 4 — Application Received
The Foundation will acknowledge your application, and may also request additional information as the Grant Committee’s review gets underway. Proposals will be reviewed for their strength and alignment with Foundation priorities, their potential benefit to the community, the number of Eden Prairie people impacted, and the ability of the organization to achieve the proposed outcomes. Please note, the Foundation typically gets more requests than can be funded.
To access the Self-Certification Checklist:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility Quiz: http://www.epcommunityfoundation.org/what-we-do/nonprofits/eligibility-quiz/
Submit the Letter of Inquiry and full application by e-mail to:
Executive Director Mark Weber
To access the Minnesota Common Grant Application: http://bit.ly/1ep6SB6
For more information about the granting process, contact:
Executive Director Mark Weber
USA: Minnesota: Eden Prairie