Foundation / Corporation
Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Education Foundation
09/25/17 - 5:00 PM MST
Grants of up to $5,000 to Albuquerque, New Mexico K-12 public school teachers and staff to provide students with innovative educational opportunities. Funding is specifically intended to support classroom projects that advance student learning in three key areas: STEM subjects, fine arts, and literacy.
The ultimate goal of these grants is to support proposals that advance excellence and student achievement within APS.
In 2017 - 2018, the APS Education Foundation anticipates awarding up to $100,000 district-wide.
- May come from elementary, middle, or high school staff members.
- Should use measurable outcomes to determine the success of the project.
- Should be well conceived and clearly written.
- Should represent a good fiscal investment for the APSEF Foundation and its donor community.
GrantWatch ID#: 176062
Applicants for Horizon Awards can propose budgets of up to $1,500 for an individual project targeting a single classroom and budgets of up to $5,000 for a team project targeting multiple classrooms.
Horizon Awards are intended for the 2017-2018 school year. Awardees should be ready to make every effort to spend their grant awards as soon as they are received. If requested, the Foundation will consider requests to carry over funding to the next school year on a limited basis.
Eligible applicants are certified, school-based staff members, such as teachers, educational assistants, librarians, counselors, social workers and others. As a part of the application, the applicant must certify that the principal is aware of the proposal and supports the application.
A Horizon Award will not be funded without the support of school administration. Only APS employees may submit applications.
Horizon Awards are granted once a year in the fall.
Deadline to Apply: September 25, 2017 at 5pm MST.
- Agreements or partnerships with outside nonprofit groups should have the approval of APS administration. Funding will go to the school, and not directly to a partner nonprofit.
- Projects funded through the Horizon Awards are school-specific. If a teacher changes schools before the implementation of the grant, funds must be returned to the APS Education Foundation.
- No out-of-state travel will be funded in 2017-2018.
- All technology should comply with APS requirements. For questions on whether your request can be supported, please contact Jason Johnson at (505) 830-8040.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://apseducationfoundation.formstack.com/forms/horizon1718
Phill Casaus, Executive Director
Tel: (505) 878-6165
Lori Webster, Grant Writer & Manager
Tel: (505) 880-3708
General Contact Information:
P.O. Box 25704
Albuquerque NM 87125-0704
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE, Suite 630
East Albuquerque 87110 Map
Phone: (505) 881-0841
Fax: (505) 872-8861
USA: New Mexico: Albuquerque