Foundation / Corporation
Santa Barbara Foundation
10/10/17 11:59 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Santa Barbara County, California nonprofit organizations for equipment and small capital improvements or projects. Funding is intended for projects such as expansion or renovation of existing buildings, site improvements, or the purchase of essential capital equipment, furniture, or vehicles.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Advance organizational priorities
- Positively impact program delivery and/or organizational efficiency or effectiveness
- Are well planned and will meet the organization’s needs for the foreseeable future
- Demonstrate and align with prudent financial planning (e.g. deferred maintenance, technology, or vehicle replacement plans)
- Reflect careful due diligence and determination of reasonable cost
GrantWatch ID#: 176081
The maximum award for Capital Improvement Grants is $10,000.
The grant period is up to one year from the award date.
Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered. Organizations using a fiscal sponsor must review the Eligibility Criteria and FAQs (in Pre-Application Information) for additional information and instructions.
The foundation accepts applications from public entities such as schools, universities, and libraries through an affiliate or supporting 501(c)(3) organization.
An agency acting as the fiscal sponsor on behalf of a community collaborative may be eligible to submit proposals on behalf of its own agency needs as well as the needs of the collaborative. Please contact a member of the community investments team for more information and to discuss your specific situation.
For capital improvement projects, consideration will be given to projects on leased property if there is a long-term lease in place (lease length is commensurate to the scale and scope of the project).
Capital Improvement Grants are not for:
- Debt retirement
- Feasibility studies (offered through the foundation’s 2016 Express Grants program)
- “Consumables” such as program materials (brochures, t-shirts, etc.)
- Reimbursement for activities/purchases that occurred prior to the grant award date
Eligibility Criteria and FAQs:
1. Applications are accepted electronically via email.
2. Attach your completed application along with any additional required documents in an email using the Attach File feature.
3. Submission of unsolicited materials is discouraged as they will not be considered in the review process.
4. Include the name of your organization and the name of the grant program or initiative you are applying to in the email subject line. (Example of a Capital grant submission: My Nonprofit Capital Grant Application).
You will receive an automatic response email when your grant application has been received. This will guarantee that your application has been submitted successfully. Please retain this receipt for your files.
Application Deadlines: April 10, July 10, and October 10, 2017.
Grant decisions will be made within eight weeks following the deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Attach and email the completed application to email@example.com.
For questions about the Capital Grant program and funding eligibility, please contact Amy Schneider, Director of Grantmaking, at (805) 963-1873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding technical assistance and support, please contact Sadye Terre, Special Projects Officer Community Investments, at (805) 963-1873 or email@example.com
USA: California: Santa Barbara County