Foundation / Corporation
Whole Kids Foundation and FoodCorps
11/15/17 5:00 PM CT (3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 6:00 PM ET)
Grants of $2,000 to Canada K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations to support new or existing educational gardens. Requests must be for an edible garden that incorporates growing vegetables, fruits, grains, or herbs. A limited portion of funding may be used for fees to attend a garden training program.
GrantWatch ID#: 176109
The Garden Grant program provides a $2,000 monetary grant.
Funds to attend a garden training must not exceed 40% or $800.
The Garden Grant supports edible garden at a:
-K-12 or primary or secondary school
-Charity or a nonprofit working in partnership with a K-12 school
-Charity or a nonprofit organization
1. School garden must be an edible school garden (growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc) and located on the grounds of a nonprofit school (public, private, religious or charter, primary or secondary)
2. Applicant must be a nonprofit primary or secondary school (public, private, religious, or charter) or a charity nonprofit organization working in partnership with a primary or secondary school.
3. School must not have received a Whole Kids Foundation School Garden Grant previously.
1. Garden must be an edible educational garden (growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc)
2. Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Applicant may work with a fiscal sponsor, if needed.
3. Organization must engage at least 10 children in any grade range of K-12 at the garden.
4. Organization must not have received a Whole Kids Foundation Garden Grant previously for the same garden. Organization can apply on behalf other gardens and may have received other Whole Kids Foundation grants.
5. Applicant must have must have the participation and support of a specific partner organization from the community (such as another nonprofit, a farm, a local business, a Whole Foods store, or a garden club) that brings added support and sustainability to the initiative. The fiscal sponsor, if a nonprofit, may be the community partner for this grant.
Funds may not be used for:
View a webinar recording for more information about the garden grant program and application process.
The September 13 webinar recording may be viewed here:
The October 12 webinar recording may be viewed here:
-Application opens: September 1, 2017
-Application deadline: November 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM CT (3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 6:00 PM ET)
-Review Period: Winter 2017
-Notification of all applicants: March 1, 2018
Garden Resource Center:
Visit the Garden Grants page:
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon