Foundation / Corporation
10/15/18 4:30 PM
Grants ranging from $250 to $10,000 to West Virginia nonprofit organizations, schools, and individuals for programs and projects that aim to enhance the quality of life for residents in Pocahontas, Randolph, and Webster Counties. Funding will specifically be provided for proposals that address the areas of health, human services, education and the arts, recreation, culture, and the environment. The Snowshoe Foundation is particularly interested in projects involving children, youth and families.
The Snowshoe Foundation supports funding for capital assets like construction, equipment, materials, personnel, consultants, supplies, as well as for programs.
Preference in funding will be given to projects that best demonstrate:
- Benefit the service area community (Pocahontas, Randolph, Webster counties)
- Are innovative and proactive
- Use an integrated and collaborative approach, avoiding duplication
- Demonstrate community support for the project, particularly from any partners
- Identify other financial or in-kind contributions
- Build and strengthen community capacity
- Are good prospects for successful implementation
- Show volunteer and community involvement with the project
GrantWatch ID#: 176146
The minimum amount that can be requested is $250, maximum amount is $10,000.
Applications are accepted from nonprofit organizations, schools, and individuals.
- Projects which produce a private benefit to a specific business or person(s)
- Retrospective funding (i.e. for costs already incurred before approval of funding is given)
- Ongoing operational costs
- Conferences, forums or workshops
- Becoming dependent on Snowshoe Foundation funding
- Salaries or compensations
Application Opens: September 1, 2018
Application Closes: October 15, 2018
Application Awarded: December 3, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant Application - Online form:
Mail or Deliver ONE UNBOUND application to (must have in hand by due date):
Snowshoe Foundation, Inc.
P.O. BOX 130
Snowshoe, WV 26209
Inquiries / Questions:
PO Box 130 Snowshoe WV 26209
USA: West Virginia: Pocahontas, Randolph, and Webster Counties