Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 to West Virginia nonprofit organizations,and schools for proactive and innovative programs that aim to enhance the quality of life for residents in Pocahontas, Randolph, and Webster Counties. Funding is intended to support projects that address the focus areas of health, human services, education and the arts, recreation, culture, and the environment. The Snowshoe Foundation is particularly interested in projects involving children, youth, and families.
The Snowshoe Foundation supports funding for purchases of goods and services such as construction, repairs, equipment, supplies, and programs.
Preference in funding will be given to projects that best demonstrate:
- Benefit the service area community (Pocahontas, Randolph, Webster counties)
- Are innovative and proactive
- Use an integrated and collaborative approach, avoiding duplication
- Demonstrate community support for the project, particularly from any partners
- Identify other financial or in-kind contributions
- Build and strengthen community capacity
- Are good prospects for successful implementation
- Show volunteer and community involvement with the project
GrantWatch ID#: 176146
Requests for Funds: $10,000 - $20,000
Eligible organizations must have a 501 status or be school related.
- Projects that produce a private benefit to a specific business or person(s)
- Retrospective funding (i.e. for costs already incurred before approval of funding is given)
- Ongoing operational costs
- Conferences, forums or workshops
- Becoming dependent on Snowshoe Foundation funding
- Salaries or compensations
Application Opens: February 1, 2019
Application Closes: March 18, 2019
Application Awarded: April 24, 2019
General grant cycle for all requests below $10,000 will open September 1, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant Application - Online form:
Mail or Deliver ONE UNBOUND application to (must have in hand by due date):
Snowshoe Foundation, Inc.
P.O. BOX 130
Snowshoe, WV 26209
Inquiries / Questions:
USA: West Virginia: Pocahontas, Randolph, and Webster Counties