Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,500 to Virginia schools, area charities, faith-based groups, and government groups for programs and projects that benefit youth in Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties. The funding source will consider applications that strengthen positive youth lifestyle, create united youth communities, and encourage community youth involvement in Loudoun and Fauquier Counties.
The Foundation has a strong preference for youth involvement in the application process, and priority will be given to grant proposals written by youth. However, the grant application may be written and prepared by an adult project leader, but the Foundation does require that a youth volunteer and program participant write a Letter of Endorsement and submit it with the grant application.
Here are some ideas for grant programs, but the Foundation is interested in your ideas, too:
- Address substance abuse and eating disorders in teens
- Educate teen users about internet safety
- Offer educational mentoring or tutoring programs for youth
- Teach tolerance and anti-bullying to teens
- Improve school attendance, reduce high-school drop out, and improve teen motivation
- Demonstrate road safety and safe driving practices
- Build meaningful links between youth, adults, and/or elderly
- Abate teen pregnancy
- Help with teen hunger, clothing, shelter, and poverty influences
- Bring awareness and helpful programs for teen depression and suicide
- Support programs that protect and preserve the environment
- Proposals written by teen applicants (i.e., by youth or for youth)
- Projects that include collaboration with another student, group, church, or charitable nonprofit
- Projects that leverage additional resources, like volunteer time, in-kind gifts of materials or supplies, or that are matched by other funding sources
- Ideas that have high impact with a small grant
GrantWatch ID#: 176191
$500 - $1,500
Grant recipients have one year to complete a project once funded.
Forward Turn grant applicants may be faith groups, area charities, government groups, and schools.
Grants cannot be made to an individual.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application.
Applications must submitted electronically on or before January 16, 2018.
Important: Applicants and the youth endorsing their work must be available for a face-to-face interview with Forward Turn youth grantmakers on the evening of January 22, from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM (we’ll work with you on the best time for you). Interviews will be at 20145 Ashbrook Pl #170 Ashburn, VA 20147.
Grants will be announced no later than March 5, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications and questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Contact Information:
Phone: (703) 779-3505
Post Office Box 402, Middleburg, Virginia 20118
Post Office Box 342, Leesburg, Virginia 20178
USA: Virginia: Loudoun and Fauquier Counties