New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
07/26/19 3:00 PM ET
Rebates ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 per vehicle to New York municipalities and local governments for the purchase or lease of clean vehicles for municipal service. Applicants must be registered with the funding portal prior to applying. Funding is intended to reduce the state's emissions of greenhouse gasses. These reimbursements are available to towns, cities, counties, and villages for vehicles that were purchased or leased on or after May 1, 2018, from a dealership located within New York State, and placed into municipal service by July 26, 2019. If the vehicle is leased, the minimum lease term is 36 months.
Eligible clean vehicles (as defined in ECL § 54-1521(1)(c) and 6 NYCRR § 492-1.1(g)) include all-electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that adhere to the following:
- Have four wheels
- Are manufactured for use primarily on public streets, roads, and highways
- Contain a powertrain that has not been modified from the original manufacturer’s specifications
- Are rated at not more than eight thousand five hundred pounds gross vehicle weight
- Have a maximum speed capability of at least fifty-five miles per hour
- Are propelled, at least in part, by an electric motor and associated power electronics that provide acceleration torque to the drive wheels some time during normal vehicle operation
- Draw electricity from a hydrogen fuel cell, or from a battery that has a capacity of not less than four kilowatt-hours; and is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity
GrantWatch ID#: 176204
- The minimum grant amount per vehicle is $2,500; the maximum grant amount per vehicle is $5,000.
- Plug-in hybrid electric, all-electric, and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are eligible for rebates of $2,500, for vehicles with a 10- to 50-mile electric range.
- Rebates of $5,000 for vehicles with greater than 50-mile electric range.
All projects over $10,000 must complete the grant contracting process and have defined objectives, tasks, and deliverables accounted for in performance measures that can be completed and invoiced within a 2-year contract period/term.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://grantsgateway.ny.gov/IntelliGrants_NYSGG/login2.aspx
For general information on completing the application and for clarification of application requirements, contractual terms, and procedures contact:
Include “Municipal Clean Vehicle Rebate Program-Round 3” in the subject line of the email.
Contact the Grants Reform Team at:
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation,
Office of Climate Change,
625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-1030,
USA: New York City; New York