Foundation / Corporation
10/02/17 5:00 PM Electronic Receipt and Postmarked
Grants of up to $25,000 to King County, Washington nonprofit organizations for medical research and projects that address the health care needs of low-income children. Eligible fields of medical research include cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiopulmonary disease, and diabetes.
Program area details:
1. Medical Research Projects
Grants are available in the fields of cancer, cardiopulmonary disease, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes. Special consideration will be given to investigator-initiated research projects. Areas of interest include immunology, oncology, neurology, molecular biology, and genetics.
- Grants will be given to requests for specific equipment.
- Preference will be given to organizations/institutions with the capacity to disseminate research findings and who receive regular support from other recognized funding sources (including the federal government).
- These funds are not to be used for patient care. Research activities can include patient care, but the primary purpose of these grants is to support the purchase of equipment used in medical research.
- Highest priority will be given to equipment requests that benefit multiple investigators.
2. Projects addressing the health care needs of low-income children - Grants will be given to requests for specific equipment and support for capital campaigns or facility renovation projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 176264
Typically no more than $25,000 is disbursed to any one organization.
A full report of how the funds were used is due within 12 months of receipt of the grant.
All applicant organizations must be located primarily in King County and qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code.
Applications and all required materials must be sent via email and postal mail (postmarked) on or before October 2, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
Final determination of awards and notification of recipients will be made by Seattle Foundation Board of Trustees by December 31, 2017.
Please note: Any funds not used for the purpose specified must be returned to Seattle Foundation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email your application as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, mail a copy of your completed application to:
Program Officer, Community Programs
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-3151
USA: Washington: King County