Foundation / Corporation
Santa Ynez Valley Foundation
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Santa Barbara County, California nonprofit organizations that serve the residents of the Santa Ynez Valley and/or Los Alamos communities.Funding will be provided to eligible nonprofits to strengthen their overall organizational capacity and effectiveness.
The Foundation is pleased to be offering three broad funding categories in 2016. Some examples of what might be considered in each are provided here:
1. Organizational development and capacity building:
- Campaign feasibility studies
- Organizational assessment/strategic planning
- Executive transitions/succession planning
- Program/organizational metrics and evaluation
- Strategic marketing, communications or donor development efforts
- Systems support or enhancements
- Exploratory strategic alliances
- Small capital equipment/capital improvements
2. Defined projects:
- Program design
- Program development
3. Staff or board training and development:
GrantWatch ID#: 176276
The Applicant can submit a request for $500 up to $5,000.
The grant period is up to one year from the award date.
The Applicant must be a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization or apply under the Fiscal Sponsorship of a recognized 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
These grants cannot fund shows/concerts, religious programs, annual fundraising events, capital campaigns, general operating costs, or public sector projects. Community Learning Sponsorships are no longer being offered.
Express Grants are not made for:
- General operating support
- Fundraising events
- Endowment funds
- One-time events, including annual events
- Government entities for basic services
- Activities that occurred prior to the beginning date of the grant
The application form is attached below (see Supporting Documents section).
Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis through November 7, 2016.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
After completing the application, please submit directly to the Santa Ynez Valley Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the Express Grant program or for technical assistance, please contact Santa Ynez Valley Foundation Director, Anne Christensen, at the above email address or at (805) 688-2991.
Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos