Foundation / Corporation
Burlington Foundation - Community Fund for Canada's 150th
10/31/16 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Ontario nonprofits and municipalities for programs and activities in the areas of youth development, poverty prevention, and mental health in Burlington. The programs will be part of an initiative to celebrate Canada's 150th anniversary while building a vibrant and healthy community.
GrantWatch ID#: 176302
Up to $15,000
Eligible projects must commit to performing funded activities and expenditures between the date that the grant is approved and before January 31, 2018.
Eligible qualified donees operating within Canada may apply for small grants from the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th.
Eligible qualified donees include:
- Registered charities;
- Registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
- Registered housing corporations resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged;
- Registered Canadian municipalities;
- Registered municipal or public bodies performing a function of government in Canada.
Please note that the following qualified donees, as well as their departments and agencies, are ineligible for support from the Fund:
- The Government of Canada (federal government)
- The federal, provincial, and territorial governments
- The Crown
- The United Nations
The following projects will be ineligible for funding:
- Large-scale infrastructure projects (ie. building a building or a local facility).
- Recurring events, activities or festivals (ie. the annual folk fest, the 26th annual community fair)
- Projects related to political activities or lobbying
- Projects that are designed for fundraising purposes
- Projects deemed controversial, dismissive or offensive
- Ongoing activities, such as the publication of regular issues of newsletters, magazines and periodicals
- Any activity taking place outside Canada
- Projects that are funded in whole or in part by the Government of Canada.
All successful applicants must match the amount of the grant made through in-kind or cash contributions. For example, an applicant that requests a $2,000 grant for a project would be required to contribute $2,000 worth of funding from other sources and/or in-kind support such as volunteer hours, donated services, equipment or space.
Recipients will be notified by mid-January.
Watch a video on how to apply online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBOUnB-4U4
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, go to https://cfc150.fluidreview.com/
905-639-0744 x 221
Burlington Community Foundation
3380 South Service Road, Unit 107
Burlington, Ontario L7N 3J5