Healthy People Grants
Grants to Pennsylvania Nonprofits
for Critical Health Care Programs
for Critical Health Care Programs
Foundation / Corporation
Partnership for Better Health
Grants totaling $50,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for urgent, critical health care programs in Cumberland, Perry, Adams, and Franklin counties. Funding is intended for initiatives that do not fall into the categories of the Foundation's two major goals:
1. Promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Foster nutrition, physical activity and tobacco cessation programs, policies and systems
- Champion programs and services to ensure healthy youth development
- Promote healthy community design and land use planning
2. Increase Access to Affordable, Quality Health Care for All
- Increase the number of individuals with adequate health insurance
- Increase the number of individuals with access to primary care and oral health services
- Expand the availability of behavioral health screenings and services
- Advocate for the expansion of affordable home and community-based services for older adults
- Support end-of-life planning
- Advance the skills of frontline and community-based health workers
Funding priority is given to programs that best address the foundation’s core strategies to:
- Advance evidence-based programs and best practices with strong track records of success;
- Promote collaborations that leverage and strategically coordinate resources to meet common goals;
- Foster sustainable programs and services through sound public policies and advocacy;
- Strengthen the capacity of community organizations serving vulnerable populations;
- Solicit community input and educate the public about health issues; and
- Use program evaluation to demonstrate outcomes and guide continual improvement.
One-year grants, with the possibility of renewal for two additional years.
Only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible for grants. No grants are made to individuals.
Grants must benefit residents of the specific geographic area; however, the organization applying services can be based outside of our boundaries. The service area includes parts of Cumberland, Perry, Adams and Franklin Counties.
Grant applications should not be for more than 25 percent of an agency’s operating budget.
Applicants may apply for more than one grant in a funding year, keeping in mind the limit of 25 percent of an agency’s budget.
The foundation does not fund:
- Endowment or capital “bricks and mortar” drives
- Annual fund drives or loans
- Advertising in yearbooks or programs
- Electoral activities
- Individual scholarships, internships or awards
- Retroactive expenses or projects
- “Athons” or other similar sponsorships
- More than 25 percent of an agency’s annual operating budget
- Overhead in excess of 10 percent of the grant amount
- Athletic, recreational or alumni activities
- Operating deficits
- Individual medical bills
Award decisions are made by March 31, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Doris Ditzler, Senior Director of Grants
Gail Witwer, Director of Health Promotion
Email contact page:
274 Wilson St.
Carlisle, PA 17013
Cumberland, Perry, Adams and Franklin Counties.
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.