Foundation / Corporation
Master Gardeners of North Alabama (MGNA) - Jane R. Parks Memorial Fund
Grants of up to $1,000 to Madison County, Alabama nonprofit organizations to support horticultural and horticulture education projects in the local area. The purpose of this program is to support the Madison County community in the pursuit of continuing education and contributions to humanity through the creative, spiritual, and replenishing endowments of horticulture.
Qualifying Criteria for Project Grant Funds:
1. The purpose of the project is educational.
2. The funding will be granted to an already existing project, under the sponsorship of at least one adult (18 years or older). The adult must be linked through an official volunteer or hired status with the organization submitting the application.
3. The project promotes community involvement in horticulture.
4. The project has realistic goals and objectives.
5. The funds granted will make a significant contribution to the achievement of the educational goals of the project.
6. The proposed expenditures are reasonable and appropriate.
7. The project will make a difference to the community it serves.
8. The project proposal will include a regular maintenance schedule under the responsibility of the organization-approved sponsor.
GrantWatch ID#: 176374
Funding requests cannot exceed $1,000.
Organizations submitting applications must be nonprofit and have no political affiliations.
Non-Allowable Project Funding Items:
-Wheelbarrows and tillers
-Hardscape – cement sidewalks, foundations, fencing
-Sheds, arbors, walls, terraces, greenhouses
-Power equipment – bulldozers, backhoes and/or operator fees
-Correction of drainage
The deadline for the MGNA Grant Committee to receive your grant application is October 15, 2018.
Only electronically submitted applications will be accepted.
USA: Alabama: Madison County