Foundation / Corporation
The University of Vermont Medical Center
12/19/16 5:00 PM
Grants to Vermont nonprofits and agencies in Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties for collaborations on programs in the areas of nutritious food, chronic diseases, mental health, substance abuse, and housing. Letters of Intent are due October 24, 2016. Programs should be innovative, affect a large number of people and have a lasting impact.
More details on the 2017-2019 priority areas are as follows:
- Access to Healthy Food: Strategies should focus on access and education of affordable healthy foods and/or obesity prevention.
- Chronic Conditions: Strategies should focus on programs to prevent the onset of chronic conditions and/or programs that enable people with chronic conditions to live healthier lives.
- Mental Health: Strategies should focus on access to mental health services and/or support for all ages.
- Substance Abuse: Strategies should focus on substance abuse prevention, treatment and/or recovery.
- Supportive Housing: Strategies should focus on housing retention, temporary emergency shelter or permanent supportive housing.
The University of Vermont Medical Center favors projects that:
- Address innovation and lead to lasting change
- Demonstrate value
- Utilize collaboration
- Include goals towards financial sustainability
- Show a unique, creative way to address an emerging need in ways which might lead to a new best practice or rely on established best practices
- Demonstrate the organization’s understanding of its role in the broader human service community.
GrantWatch ID#: 176460
Up to $100,000
The collaboration must include a 501(c)3 organization or a governmental organization, which will serve as the backbone organization for the project. This grant opportunity is intended for collective impact initiatives involving three or more organizations working on a shared goal. Collaborations should be located in the UVM Medical Center’s primary health service area (Chittenden and Grand Isle counties).
Proposals are due by 5:00 PM on Monday, October 24th, 2016. Invitations for a full proposal will be emailed on Tuesday, November 8th, 2016.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Julie Cole, Sr. Community Benefits Strategist
Chittenden and Grand Isle counties