GrantWatch.com
GWI.education
GrantNews.press
The grant search that gets results.
 Customer Sales & Support    (561) 249-4129     Chat With Us

Clean Vessel Act Request for Partners

Grant to a Washington, DC Nonprofit, For-Profit,
or IHE to Provide Boat Sewage Disposal Services

GrantWatch ID#: 176515
Agency Type:

State

Government of the District of Columbia - Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE)

11/07/16 4:30 PM Receipt

10/31/16

Request a Grant Writer

Grant to a Washington, DC nonprofit, for-profit enterprise, faith-based organization, or IHE to purchase or maintain equipment for the sanitary removal of sewage from boats. Questions will be accepted up to one week prior to the deadline. Eligible equipment includes pumpout systems, pumpout boats, and portable pumps.

The goal of this RFA is to find partners for projects to be included in a grant proposal to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Clean Vessel Act Program. Potential partners will support DOEE in promoting improved water quality and increased compliance with the District of Columbia’s statute prohibiting the discharge of sanitary sewage from vessels.

As described in the USFWS program description, all pumpouts will be provided to the public at no-cost or low cost, with a fee of no more than $5.00 per pumpout. Grantees will ensure that all sanitary sewage pumped from boats is deposited properly in a District of Columbia sanitary sewage line, so that sewage is treated at Blue Plains Waste Water Treatment Plant. This means that in the event of a large storm, sewage is not deposited in the river through a combined sewer.

Project Outcomes:

1) A reduction in the amount and frequency of sanitary boat sewage deposition in the waters of the District of Columbia.

2) More boats subscribe to, and remain in compliance with, the District’s regulations forbidding discharge of sanitary boat sewage.

1

Up to $1,500,000

The project period will start on the date of the award until September 30, 2018. All work must be complete by September 30, 2018. This period can be extended and additional funding provided, depending upon the performance of the Grantee and the availability of funds.

The following entities may apply for these grants:
-Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations
-Faith-based organizations
-Universities/educational institutions
-Private Enterprises

DOEE welcomes questions seeking clarification of matters in this RFA. Questions about the RFA should be sent to the email address listed below with “RE: RFA 2017-1703-FWD” in the subject line. The cut-off date for receipt of any questions is one week prior to the application deadline.

The deadline for receipt of applications is November 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM.

DOEE expects to notify each Applicant in writing of its award status within six weeks after the application due date.

Grant funds will pay for up to 75% of total project costs. Partners funded through this grant will have to provide the remaining 25% with non-federal funds.

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Energy and Environment
1200 First Street, NE 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002

(202) 535-2600
2016wildliferfa.grants@dc.gov

RFA # 2017-1703-FWD

See the full text of this grant

USA: Washington, DC

Live Chat with a Grant Specialist

Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.

We have grants for:

Loading...

Need help?

Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.

Customer Sales & Support (561) 249-4129