Foundation / Corporation
The Stephen and Tabitha King (STK) Foundation
Grants ranging from $500 to $50,000 to Maine nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and schools for activities that address the root causes or consequences of environmental and social problems throughout the State. The Foundation prioritizes requests in the areas of literacy, the arts, and community services.
The Foundation prefers to make one-time grants that improve organizational capacity. Endowment grants are rare, as are matching and challenge grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 176557
Grants range from $500 to $50,000. Requests should not exceed $50,000.
The King Foundation occasionally, at its discretion, makes multi-year commitments. However, preference is given to one-time grants.
Any 501(c)(3) organization in the state of Maine is eligible.
No applications will be considered from any organization without 501(c)(3) status, unless the applicant is a town, fire or emergency aid department or school system with tax-exempt status.
- Medical care, education or other direct support for individuals
- Competitions or athletic sponsorships for individuals
- Wheelchair vans or transportation for individuals
- Scholarship foundations or programs that award grants or scholarships
- Graduation parties or events
- Travel, sponsorship or funding for student or athletic groups
- Renovations to churches or other religious properties or institutions
- Film or video productions, book or publishing projects
- Business development, investments or loans
- Conferences, meetings, training, workshops or exhibits
- Organizations whose policies encourage discrimination
- Academic research, fellowships or publication
- Shelters,hospitals or rehabilitation centers for animals
- Construction or improvement of playgrounds or skateparks
- Hospice programs or facilities
- Animal therapy programs
The Foundation makes two grant reviews per year, one with a June 30 deadline and one with a December 31 deadline.
Decisions may take as long as eight weeks. Applications can be submitted at any time, but will not be considered until after those deadlines.
All applicants receive a letter or electronic acknowledgement of application receipt.
Application Instructions: http://www.stkfoundation.org/Process.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: http://www.stkfoundation.org/application/
Or, mail application to:
Stephanie Leonard, Administrator
The Stephen & Tabitha King Foundation
Post Office Box 855
Bangor, ME 04402
Contact Form: http://www.stkfoundation.org/Contact-Us.aspx