The Buck Foundation Grant
Grants to Colorado and Hawaii Nonprofits for
Advocacy, Human Services, and Education
Advocacy, Human Services, and Education
Foundation / Corporation
The Buck Foundation
Grants to Denver Area, Colorado and East Maui, Hawaii nonprofit organizations and non-governmental agencies for initiatives in the areas of economic assistance, education, human services, and public policy. January 15 is the deadline to submit a letter of intent. Funding is intended for programming, as well as general operating support.
Grants must benefit the Denver Metro Area (the counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson), or East Maui, Hawaii.
Funding Area Details:
1. Economic Assistance: Improving the quality of life for emotionally, physically, economically, or intellectually disadvantaged families and persons, including children who lack the resources to help themselves.
2. Public Policy and Advocacy: General operating support or support for educational advocacy.
3. Social Services: Addressing social issues facing women, children, and families by supporting programs that provide services in areas such as domestic violence, homelessness, drug abuse, and legal assistance.
4. Education: Addressing the issues of at-risk and low-income K-12 students by supporting programs that will improve the quality of education and encourage those students to excel and become future leaders. In the educational arena, focus will be specifically on supporting underserved communities.
Previous years' grants ranged from $5,000 to $55,000. The average grant size is between $5,000 and $10,000.
The Foundation, on rare occasions, provides grantees with multi-year grants, however organizations cannot request such funding.
The Foundation awards grants only to 501(c) (3) organizations and non-governmental agencies. Focus is principally on organizations with annual budgets under $1,000,000 where a small grant can make a significant impact.
- Denver Metro Area: Counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson
- East Maui, Hawaii
- Buck family members may from time to time solicit discretionary grants outside of these geographic areas.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, except to serve a historically disadvantaged group
- Debt retirement
- Activities, projects, or programs that will have been completed before funding becomes available (no retroactive funding)
- Endowments or other reserve funds
- Capital campaigns
- Membership or affiliation campaigns, dinners, or special events
- Conferences, symposia, film and video production, and related travel
- Grants that further political doctrine or religious activities
- Grants to individuals
- Scholarships or sponsorships
- Grants to parochial or religious schools or private schools
- Requests from individual schools or departments/programs of universities or colleges – or foundations/organizations that raise money for individual schools – that have not coordinated the request with their central school district/university administration or fundraising arm
- Grants for re-granting purposes
- Multi-year funding requests (Please note: the Foundation, on rare occasions, provides grantees with multi-year grants, however organizations cannot request such funding.)
The next letter of intent application will be made available on November 1, 2016 and is due January 15, 2017.
Notification will be by February 15, 2017, whether to submit a full proposal. Past grant recipients will also receive an email inviting them to apply online by February 1, 2017.
Full proposals are due March 15, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit an LOI online between November 1, 2016 and January 15, 2017:
Parkway Centre Building
1391 N. Speer Blvd. Suite 360
Denver, CO 80204
- Colorado: Denver Metro Area, Including Counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson
- Hawaii: East Maui
USA: Colorado; Hawaii
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.