Foundation / Corporation
Pella Community Foundation
Grants to Pella Area, Iowa nonprofits for initiatives that will enhance the quality of life for local residents. Funding areas include health, education, religion, recreation, and cultural enhancement and preservation. Proposals may be for creative and innovative programs, current or emerging charitable opportunities, and services not currently offered.
Capital projects will occasionally be funded.
The following practical matters are considered in grant-making:
- The intrinsic merit of the project for meeting priority community needs.
- The ability and past experience of the organization’s staff to successfully complete the project.
- The clarity and measurability of the project goals.
- Plans to fund the project beyond the grant period if applicable.
- The feasibility of the time frame for completion of the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 176660
To be eligible to apply, all of the following requirements must be met:
- A nonprofit, legally tax-exempt organization.
- Serving a charitable purpose by enhancing the quality of life of Pella in such areas as health, education, culture, religion, recreation and the enhancement and preservation of the city’s unique heritage.
- Grants are not made in support of annual operating budgets or of projects normally included therein.
- Requests will generally be denied for crisis intervention, current budget support, elimination of deficits, reduction of debt or funding of completed projects.
- Special attention will be given to projects that apply to broad segments of the population.
- Low priority will be given to programs or projects of churches which have a narrowly sectarian purpose. However, programs will be considered if they have an ecumenical base or are designed to serve persons in need of food, clothing, shelter or counseling with regard to their religious affiliation.
Grants are made once per year during January with applications/proposals due by November 15, 2017.
The completed proposals are thoroughly reviewed by the Board of Directors’ Distribution Committee. This committee makes its recommendation to the full board, which may choose to support, or reject or modify the Committee’s recommendations.
Final decisions are then implemented by notifying applicants of their proposal and distributing awards.
Grant selection process: https://www.pellacommunityfoundation.org/grant-selection
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email or mail applications to:
Pella Community Foundation
Pella, IA 50219
USA: Iowa: Pella