Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) - Grundy County Community Foundation
12/31/18 11:59 PM
Grants to Grundy County, Iowa nonprofits, churches, schools, and agencies for programs in the areas of arts, culture, health, community betterment, historic preservation, education, human services and the environment. Funding is intended to improve the quality of life for local residents, as well as those in rural areas.
GrantWatch ID#: 176667
Your organization must be one of the following:
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, or
- Government entity, or
- Other type of tax-exempt organization looking to use funds for charitable intent (Please call the Foundation to discuss your project).
- Businesses/For-Profit Companies
- Churches for purpose of advancing one religion/evangelism
- Associations or Economic Development Groups for activities directly benefiting their members
If your group, club, association, or organization is not a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, government entity, or other type of tax-exempt charitable organization, consider partnering with an eligible agency that can be your fiscal sponsor and apply on your group's behalf (see more about Fiscal Sponsorship below.
If an organization is not classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, or equivalent, they must partner with an eligible Legal Applicant/Fiscal Sponsor, who must submit the application. Fiscal Sponsors are legally and financially responsible for funds that are approved and granted from the Grundy County Community Foundation. Tax-exempt organizations classified under IRC sections other than 501(c)(3) should contact the administrative office to discuss eligibility.
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact Program Manager Dotti Thompson to explore the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application system. Grants will be awarded in March.
- Grant application deadline is 11:59 pm on December 31, 2018.
- Grants from the Grundy County Community Foundation will be approved in March 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process in mid-March 2019.
- Grant awards will be presented at a ceremony in April 2019.
Grant Seeker Resources: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources
Applicant Eligibility: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/applicant-eligibility
Using the Online Application System: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/using-the-online-grant-system
Grantwriting Tips: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/grantwriting-tips-and-resources
Fiscal Sponsorship: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/applicant-eligibility#fiscal-sponsorship
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, go to:
Dotti Thompson, Program Manager
Elizabeth Hackbarth, Director of Development
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
USA: Iowa: Grundy County