Foundation / Corporation
The Woman’s Club of Evanston (WCE)
11/16/17 5:00 pm CST Hard Copy Receipt; 11:59 pm CST Electronic Receipt
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Illinois nonprofit organizations in Evanston and surrounding communities for programs that support women and girls so they may thrive and reach their full potential. Funding is available for new or existing projects that fit within the funding focus.
The Woman’s Club of Evanston offers the following types of support:
- Community Grants – Community grants typically range in size from $500 to $5,000 (the average grant amount is $1,250) and will be distributed in May 2018.
- WCE Revue Beneficiary for 2019 – The Revue (formerly known as Benefit Show), is a theatrical production. Dance and song parodies are typically satirical and humorous in nature and focused on current issues and news worthy events. The Revue is developed from June-January, rehearsed from January-March, and performed in March. Funds will be distributed in the summer of 2019. The Revue historically raises between $25,000 and $30,000.
- One-time Usage of the WCE Clubhouse – The WCE will donate use of the clubhouse to a designated not-for-profit organization for one date with all WCE usage fees waived, excluding the refundable damage deposit that will be the responsibility of the grant recipient. Further specifications for this grant can be found in the application at section IV.
Note: Revue beneficiary is chosen for the calendar year following the application year (for example – the beneficiary chosen in 2017-2018 will participate in the events and receive funding in 2019).
GrantWatch ID#: 176684
Typical grant range is $500 - $5,000
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations in Evanston and surrounding communities are invited to submit grant applications to The Woman’s Club of Evanston.
Completed applications must be received by November 16, 2017. Hard copies (2) are due by 5:00 pm CST and electronic copies are due by 11:59 pm CST.
- November 16, 2017: Completed applications must be received.
- April 2018: Funding recipients notified
- May 23, 2018: Contributions to the Community Breakfast: 2018 Small Grants are distributed. Recipients of the Clubhouse usage and the 2019 Revue are announced.
- Summer 2019: Funds are distributed to the 2019 WCE Revue beneficiary
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Deliver applications to:
The Woman’s Club of Evanston
Attention Contribution Chair
1702 Chicago Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
In addition to paper copies of your completed application, please send a PDF of your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Illinois: Evanston and surrounding communities