Foundation / Corporation
Fuel Up to Play 60 and National Dairy Council (NDC) and National Football League (NFL)
Grants of up to $4,000 to USA K‐12 schools for activities that will lead to lasting healthy changes in the school. Funding is intended for students to engage in fun programs that promote healthy eating and physical activity. Participating schools must implement one Healthy Eating Play and one Physical Activity Play from the Fuel Up to Play 60 Playbook (more information in Pre-Application Information).
Eligible uses of funds include nutrition education materials, kickoff and promotional activities, and staff stipends, including both internal staff and outside professionals such as trainers and speakers. Please note that technology requests must be supported with a strong case that it is central or essential to the proposed program.
GrantWatch ID#: 176702
Schools are encouraged to request only the amount of money they will need, from a minimum of $300 up to a maximum of $4,000 per year.
Funding should be used by the end of the 2017‐18 school year.
- Schools must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60.
- Schools must participate in the National School Lunch Program.
- Schools must have a Program Advisor signed up
‐ You may start the application before a Program Advisor is designated, but in order to submit your application, your school must have a Program Advisor signed up. You can sign up to be a Program Advisor directly on the online application or on your Fuel Up to Play 60 Dashboard.
- Schools are eligible to apply if they have received other funding to support health, physical activity and wellness at their school.
- Schools are eligible to apply for Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds if they have received other Fuel Up to Play 60 monies in previous years (from Dairy Council, NFL or other program supporters); however:
‐ The current application must include a plan for activities that are different from and/or build upon past funded initiatives.
‐ Applications that duplicate your school’s funded Fuel Up to Play 60 activities from previous years will not be funded.
‐ Your school must have submitted all required reporting in order to receive additional funding.
- Funding requests may only be submitted by schools, not individuals.
- Funding may not be used on food sold at school to students, or to subsidize food or the cost of meals served to students in the school meal programs.
- Funding may not be used to purchase equipment for organized sports teams.
Funds recipient will not use Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds to:
‐ Influence legislation
‐ Influence the outcome of any public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter
‐ Make any grant to any other individual or organization
‐ Undertake any activity other than for charitable, scientific or educational purposes
To join the Fuel Up to Play 60 program: https://www.fueluptoplay60.com/about/about-the-program
The 2017 - 2018 deadlines are:
- June 2017 Round Deadline: June 14, 2017
- November 2017 Round: Online application will open in late August or early September, with a deadline of November 1, 2017.
View and download the Playbook here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming