Foundation / Corporation
Northwest Louisiana Master Gardener (NWLAMG)
Grants ranging from $300 to $10,000 to Louisiana nonprofit organizations, municipalities, agencies, community gardens and organizations, schools, and faith-based organizations for gardening programs and materials. Initiatives must take place in Bossier, Caddo, DeSoto, or Red River Parish.
Funding is intended for educational programs or materials that are directly related to gardening or horticulture, or for materials necessary to establish a new garden/green space or enhance/expand existing gardens/green spaces and other horticultural related projects.
- Promote good horticultural practices and horticultural education
- Promote and involve the community in gardening
- Enhance the quality and quantity of publicly accessible green spaces and gardens
- Support the establishment of community and school garden programs, environmental improvement activities, and public horticultural events.
- Support the LSU AgCenter programs and missions.
NWLAMG wishes to support clearly defined projects or programs that can be implemented within 12 months, are sustainable, and can be maintained over the long term without additional support or contributions.
GrantWatch ID#: 176798
Grant applications ranging from $300 to $10,000 will be accepted.
The project must be completed within one year.
Eligible applicants include:
- Any municipality or government entity or subdivision thereof
- Any non-profit organization or entity such as a community garden, civic or garden club, school, neighborhood association, or tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization
- Any faith-based organization or project that serves the general public on a non-denominational basis.
The municipality, organization, or other entity must be located in Bossier, Caddo, DeSoto, or Red River Parish.
Not eligible: Individuals, private foundations, political organizations, non-profit organizations without a current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and for-profit organizations and entities.
What cannot be funded:
- Endowment funds, capital campaigns, or operating expenses.
- Salaries, property purchase or rental, power equipment, grading/drainage projects, maintenance projects or materials, and expenses not directly related to a garden/horticulture project.
Completed application and all accompanying documentation must be submitted on or before September 30, 2018. No written or faxed applications will be accepted. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions on or before December 31, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randle T. Moore Center
3101 1/2 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71104
USA: Louisiana: Bossier, Caddo, DeSoto, and Red River Parishes