Foundation / Corporation
12/15/17 5:00 PM
Grants to USA nonprofits in multiple states for health, education, and the environment. Funding is intended to provide community support and create programs for underserved populations. The majority of funds are used for education programs within the public school systems where its corporate facilities are located.
Harley-Davidson corporate facilities are located in: Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls, and Tomahawk, WI; York, PA; Chicago, IL; Valley View, OH; Plano, TX; Kansas City, MO; and Yucca and Mohave County, AZ.
The following is a list of programs which the Foundation seeks to support:
- Employment Enablers
- Core Curriculum
- Academic Enhancers
- Arts Education
- Basic Needs (food/clothing)
- Health Support Services
- Public Health and Wellness Education
- Economic Development
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Environmental Education
The Harley-Davidson Foundation looks for the following details when reviewing grant applications:
- The proposal's relevance to The Harley-Davidson Foundation's areas of interest.
- The proposal's clarity in stating the expected project or program outcomes and the strategy for achieving them.
- The extent to which the strategy involves a collaborative approach to problem-solving or issues affecting the targeted groups or organizations.
For Milwaukee area applicants only, Harley-Davidson will consider merchandise donations, table sponsorships, and similar requests for support of specific fund-raising events. See Pre-Application Information below for details on how to apply.
GrantWatch ID#: 176826
- Qualified 501(c)3 or 170(c) organizations.
- Organizations whose programs focus on one or more of The Harley-Davidson Foundation's Funding Categories: Education, Health and the Environment.
- Organizations serving the areas where Harley-Davidson corporate facilities are located: Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls, and Tomahawk, WI; York, PA; Chicago, IL; Valley View, OH; Plano, TX; Kansas City, MO; and Yucca and Mohave County, AZ.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Political Causes or Candidates
- Endowment Funds
- Athletic Teams
- Religious Organizations (unless engaged in a major project benefiting the greater community)
The Harley-Davidson Foundation generally does not fund conferences or capital campaigns.
While most funding goes to community organizations, The Harley-Davidson Foundation may consider contributions to conferences, capital campaigns or national organizations where the impact of such giving can be maximized through the involvement of employees, customers or other Harley-Davidson stakeholders.
The new grant process for The Harley-Davidson Foundation requires online grant submission and completion of an introductory eligibility quiz before beginning the grant proposal. Questions about the grant proposal process are answered on the Instructions page, found in Supporting Documents below.
A tutorial for online submission and FAQs page can be found in Supporting Documents below.
- March 24, 2017
- June 23, 2017
- September 22, 2017
- December 15, 2017 - applications will be reviewed during the 2018 grant cycle.
Grants are reviewed by employee committees. Grant applications are due at 5 p.m. on the deadline date. If these dates fall on a holiday or weekend, the deadline is the next business day. Grant applications may be submitted at any time and will be reviewed during the next grant cycle.
To submit a fundraising event application, organizations seeking this type of support in the Milwaukee area only should submit:
- A letter that confirms the 501(c)3 status of the organization.
- A letter describing the organization's request and how the event will benefit its targeted community
- Letters must be received in the mail by The Harley-Davidson Foundation seven weeks before the event.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To access the online application:
Joanne M. Bischmann, President
The Harley-Davidson Foundation
3700 W. Juneau Ave
P.O. Box 653
Milwaukee, WI 53208
USA: Arizona: Yucca and Mohave County; Illinois: Chicago; Missouri: Kansas City; Ohio: Valley View; Pennsylvania: York; Texas: Plano; Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls, and Tomahawk