Grants to Idaho, Oregon, and Washington school districts, schools, and teachers for water-related science projects and activities. Eligible activities support water science education and clean water education goals. Funding is intended for the development and implementation of curricula and projects for students in grades K-12.
The Adopt-A-School program was established to support water science education, involvement, and restoration activities by K-12th grade students in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho who are working toward clean water education goals.
Curriculum/project is for K-12th grade students during the 2024 calendar year.
Curriculum/project is science-based and includes wastewater and/or stormwater education elements.
Curriculum/project must include a wastewater treatment facility tour and/or a presentation from a local wastewater/stormwater agency.
PNCWA will provide contact information for the local wastewater/stormwater agency if unknown.
Who should apply?
- Teachers, Schools, School Districts
Applications for the 2024 calendar year must be submitted by 5:00 pm PST on January 15, 2024.
Award recipients will be notified by February 2, 2024. Funds will be distributed by March 1, 2024.
- A PNCWA review committee will determine the level of funding to be awarded.
- A check payable to the school or district will be mailed to the contact provided.
- The school agrees to use the funds only as proposed unless otherwise approved.
- A summary of fund use (how the money was spent) and digital photos must be received by December 1, 2024. Summaries received by October 14th will be included in the Adopt-a-School annual report and used for grant promotion.
Estimated Size of Grant
The average project funding level is $500 per application/applicant and will vary depending on the number of applicants and funding level requests.
Term of Contract
The Curriculum/project must take place during the 2024 calendar year.