Foundation / Corporation
The Philadelphia Foundation - Pennsylvania Abolition Society Fund
Grants ranging from $500 to $2,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations to improve the lives of African Americans throughout the State, in particular, within Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, and Bucks counties. Funding will be provided for the following types of projects and activities:
- Preserving African American monuments,
- Exposing children to multicultural opportunities,
- Fighting housing discrimination,
- Promoting multicultural arts,
- Projects confronting racism,
- Offering recognition awards,
- Providing scholarships for persons of African American descent in seeking higher education, and
- Improving the quality of race relations in Pennsylvania.
GrantWatch ID#: 176833
Typically, these grants range in size from $500 to $2,000, although some grants have been higher.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) nonprofits that work to improve conditions of African Americans throughout Pennsylvania, particularly in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
The Society does not accept funding requests:
- From individuals
- For endowment appeals
- For awards to the same institution in consecutive years (with rare exceptions for unusual circumstances).
Application Due Date: January 7, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please combine all files into one Adobe Acrobat file and email to: email@example.com.
USA: Pennsylvania: Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties