Foundation / Corporation
Fellowships to Germany and Israel scholars and scientists to carry out short-term and long-term research residencies. This exchange program gives preference to younger scientists and researchers, including doctoral candidates and post-docs, and allows them to complete a research residency in the respective other country. Funding is intended to promote research and to strengthen the cultural and scientific exchange between Germany and Israel.
To apply for a Minerva Fellowship, applicants must find a host and a host institution in Germany or Israel. The host Institution shall provide the adequate environment for your proposed research concept and be willing/able to host you.
- High motivation
- Scientific excellence
- Scientifically promising and innovative research topic
- Match with research profile of the host institution.
GrantWatch ID#: 176875
Israeli Fellows in Germany:
- PhD students: €1,377/month
- Post-doc scientist with up to 5 years working experience: €2,100/month
- Post-doc scientist with more than 5 years' working experience: €2,300/month
- Dependency allowance: up to €400/month for an accompanying spouse (if spouse has income less than €451)
- Children's allowance: up to €100/month per child (if children accompany family to Germany for minimum six months)
- Payment in kind: up to €123/month (for books, travel to conferences etc.)
German Fellows in Israel:
- PhD students: €1,498/month
- Post-docs scientists (up to 30 years of age): €1,365/month
- 31 to 34 years: €1,416/month
- 35 to 38 years: €1,467/month
- 39 years and over: €1,519/month
Country allowance (post-docs only):
-Married, spouse does not live in Israel: €1,266/month
-Married, spouse lives in Israel and has no full income or scholarship: €1,489: month
- Dependency allowance (post-docs scientists, for spouse with income/scholarship less than €451): €205/month
- Dependency allowance (PhD students, for spouse with income/scholarship less than €451 ): €400/month
- Children's allowance: up to €51/month per child (if children accompany family to Israel for minimum six months).
- Payment in kind: €102/month (for books, travels to conferences, etc.)
- Doctoral fellowships are granted for a maximum of 24 months. Exceptionally and under special circumstances, there is the possibility of extending them up to 12 months.
- Post-doctoral fellowships are also granted for a maximum of 24 months. Extensions of post-doctoral scholarships are, however, principally not possible.
- The minimum funding period amount to six months in both cases.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/mmmi/minerva_fellowships_2019.nsf/application
Should you have any queries, please contact: email@example.com
Gesellschaft für die Forschung mbH
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.