Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries Grant
Grants to USA Schools to Diversify, Expand,
and Upgrade Library Collections
and Upgrade Library Collections
Foundation / Corporation
Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries
12/12/16 12:00 PM (midnight) CST
Grants of up to $7,000 to underserved USA schools and territories to provide funds to the neediest educational institutions, so they can expand, revamp and update the book and print collections in their libraries. Funding is intended to enhance school libraries to encourage students to develop a love of reading and learning.
Schools serving pre-K through 12th grade in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, all U.S. territories, and Department of Defense schools are eligible to apply. This includes all public, charter, private, parochial, city, state, county, and reservation schools, including: special schools, social services schools, and juvenile detention center schools in any of those jurisdictions that serve any combination of pre-kindergarten through high school students.
Funds from the Laura Bush Foundation may be used only to purchase print or Braille volumes, audio-books, e-books, or magazine/serial/e-magazine subscriptions.
The number of grants awarded is a function of the amount of money available from the endowment and the size of the grants. There were 857 applications submitted by the December 2015 deadline, and 130 grants were awarded in May 2016.
School libraries may request grants up to $7,000.
The funds must be spent within the school year following the year in which the grant was given. (Grants awarded in May 2017 must be spent during the 2017-2018 school year.)
To be eligible for a library grant, the applying school must meet all of the following criteria:
- Established School
- The school must be in operation for a minimum of one (1) year prior to submitting an application.
- During time of application, at least 85% of the school’s student population must qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch (FRL).
- The school library must be a uniquely designated space in which books and other materials are systematically classified, arranged by subject, type, etc. and stored in a location and manner that allows access to all students and adults in the school. Not eligible: classrooms or classroom sets of books, collections of books stored in closets, or collections of books on rolling carts of any kind.
- The day-to-day oversight and operation of the school library must be carried out by a paid librarian, designated by the school administration to be responsible for the collection, care, and use of the materials housed in the library.
- The school must be a first-time recipient of a library grant from the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries. All previous award winners are ineligible to apply. This does not apply to schools that received a special grant as part of the “Gulf Coast School Library Recovery Initiative.”
FAQ's : http://www.laurabushfoundation.com/how-to-apply/index.html#faq
Applications can only be submitted through the online form. Any applications sent via fax, mail, or email will not be accepted. All questions must be answered - incomplete applications will not be considered.
It is recommended to use one of the following web browsers to complete the application: Internet Explorer, Safari, or Google Chrome.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.