Foundation / Corporation
Greater Hartford Arts Council
10/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $7,500 to Hartford, Connecticut nonprofit organizations for arts and cultural events that bring the community together and promote area businesses. Funding is intended for public, arts-focused events such as concerts, festivals, parades, and celebrations that energize local neighborhoods and honor their diverse cultures and traditions. Events must physically occur within the City of Hartford (including the University of Hartford grounds and Elizabeth Park). Funded activities must be open to the general public and not be restricted to a certain group (for example, students of a particular school or members of a club).
Examples of eligible events include, but are not limited to:
- Dance, theater, music, visual arts, literature, combination, or multiple art form performances.
- Performances, celebrations of local artists, ethnic identity, social, or culturally specific traditions
The Arts Council invests in organizations whose programs and initiatives are strongly aligned with the Arts Council’s community impact goals. Community Impact is strongly considered by the panel when making award decisions. Applicants are required to demonstrate significant impact in one or more of the five core goal areas in order to receive funding:
- Promote intercultural understanding by supporting arts experiences that include, represent, and engage all populations regardless of their ethnic, cultural, social, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Utilize the arts to cultivate the creative talents of school-aged (pre-K through grade 12) youth in the region, especially those whose economic conditions present a barrier to access.
- Enhance the vibrancy of communities that have been historically unserved or underserved by increasing members’ access to arts experiences and institutions.
- Engage members of diverse communities to explore social issues of broad public concern together through the arts.
- Increase Greater Hartford’s ability to attract and retain talent by promoting the region’s rich arts offerings.
Eligible expenses directly related to the project include but are not limited to:
- Artist fees
- Art/production materials
- Salaries of staff directly involved in the project
- Event space rental fees
- Equipment rental
- Marketing/promotion costs
- Printing, photography, videography, and event supplies
- General overhead (rent, utilities, office supplies) directly related to the project (up to 3% of the project total)
- Appropriate ‘fair market’ value for in-kind contributors (up to 25% of the project total)
GrantWatch ID#: 176915
Awards range from $1,000 to $7,500.
For the application deadline 1/2/2019, events must take place between March 15 and June 30.
For the application deadline 4/1/2019, events must take place between July and September.
For the application deadline 7/1/2019, events must take place between October and December.
For the application deadline 10/1/2019, events must take place between January and March.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit application materials: https://ghac.exavault.com/share/view/i9r7-7cqh34aq
Contact Grants@letsgoarts.org or 860-525-8629 x224 with any questions.
Greater Hartford Arts Council
100 Pearl Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Fax: 860 278-5461
USA: Connecticut: City of Hartford