GrantWatch.com
GWI.education
GrantNews.press
The grant search that gets results.
 Customer Sales & Support    (561) 249-4129     Chat With Us

2017 Neighborhood Partnership Grants (NPG)

Grants to Franklin County, Ohio Nonprofits to
Enhance Low- and Moderate-Income Communities

GrantWatch ID#: 176986
Agency Type:

Foundation / Corporation

United Way of Central Ohio, The Columbus Foundation, PNC, City of Columbus - Department of Development

11/16/16

01/25/17 11:59 PM

Request a Grant Writer

Grants of up to $10,000 to Franklin County, Ohio nonprofit neighborhood organizations for local, resident-driven community improvement projects in low-and-moderate-income areas. Information sessions are scheduled for November 16 and 17. Projects should promote resident involvement and encourage community volunteerism. Projects support capacity building at the neighborhood level, engage numerous stakeholder groups and showcase local talent.

Examples of projects that have received grants through the program are neighborhood clean-ups, litter and graffiti abatement, neighborhood newsletters, community gardens, neighborhood gateway signage, youth leadership initiatives, civic engagement programs, health education and awareness, neighborhood documentaries, community festivals, home safety tools and educational resources, historic preservation projects, senior support activities and much more.

Proposed projects for the 2017 grant cycle should focus on one of following four areas:

1) Community & Economic Development - Gateway signage, beautification, newsletters, websites, festivals, public events, public art projects, and more.

2) Education & Public Awareness - Youth service, leadership development, health and fitness, community public relations, social media projects, and more.

3) Crime Prevention & Safety - Block watches, awareness programs, national night out activities, anti- litter, clean and safe programs, anti-graffiti, personal safety, community safety, mediation, and more.

4) Home Improvement and Education - Exterior home improvements, residential lot beautification, physical improvement of blighted/vacant housing, education regarding home repairs, energy efficiency, financial literacy and more.

Applicants are advised not to feel constrained by these examples, as long as the project links to one of the four areas.

Up to $10,000 per year

Prior-year grant recipients may apply for continued funding for a multi-year project, but this is not guaranteed.

Applicants are required to be 501(c)(3) organizations or must partner with a registered 501(c)(3) fiscal agent at the time the proposal is submitted.

Information sessions will be offered on the following dates, and will include an overview of the application process, program guidelines, and an opportunity for applicants to ask questions.

These sessions will be held at the United Way of Central Ohio offices (see address below).

1) Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 5:30 - 6:30 PM

2) Thursday, November 17, 2016, 2:00 - 3:00 PM

Registration is required. Please contact Jennifer King (see contact details below) to register.

Applying for a Neighborhood Partnership Grant is a one-step, online application process. The link to the online 2017 NPG application and supporting documents will be available starting Wednesday, November 30, 2016. The application is due Wednesday, January 25, 2017 by 11:59 PM.

Applicants will be notified by email that their proposal has been received. Grant announcements will be made in April of 2017. Grant funds will be issued in June of 2017.

Neighborhood Partnership Grant funds can constitute no more than 75% of the total project budget. Proposals must detail the source(s) of the remaining 25%, whether in-kind donations/services or monetary resources.

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Jennifer King
(614) 227-8715
jennifer.King@uwcentralohio.org

Ann Dodson
(614) 251-4000
adodson@columbusfoundation.org

United Way of Central Ohio
360 S. 3rd Street,
Columbus, Ohio 43215

Grants are made for neighborhood organizations and improvements in low and moderate income areas of Franklin County.

See the full text of this grant

USA: Ohio

Live Chat with a Grant Specialist

Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.

We have grants for:

Loading...

Need help?

Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.

Customer Sales & Support (561) 249-4129