Foundation / Corporation
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA), New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA)
01/23/19 11:59 PM EST
Fellowships of $7,000 to New York individual artists at any stage in their career to recognize and support outstanding work in the following disciplines: choreography, photography, music and sound, screenwriting and playwriting, and architecture/design/environmental structures. This fellowship is provided to individual originating artists living and working in New York State and the Indian Nations located within state borders.
NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships, awarded in fifteen different disciplines over a three-year period, are $7,000 cash awards made to individual originating artists living and working in the state of New York for unrestricted use. These fellowships are not project grants but are intended to fund an artist’s vision or voice, regardless of the level of his or her artistic development.
Work samples should be a representation of the artist's work created within the last five years.
GrantWatch ID#: 177016
Fellowships provide a $7,000 cash award.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements by the application deadline:
- 25 years old or older
- Current residents of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State
- Must have maintained New York State residency, and/or residency in one of the Indian Nations located therein, for at least the last two consecutive years (2017 & 2018)
- Cannot be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of any kind
- Are the originators of the work, i.e. choreographers or playwrights; not awarded to interpretative artists such as dancers or actors
- Did not receive a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any discipline in the past five consecutive years; 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- Cannot submit any work samples that have been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship
- Are not a NYFA employee, a member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists' Advisory Committee, immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a 2018-2019 panelist
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus status and are no longer eligible for the award.
NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships are awarded to eligible artists of all career levels regardless of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, ability/disability, financial standing, or geographic location.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
Collaborating artists must apply together under one application. A collaboration is defined by NYFA as up to three artists who can clearly demonstrate an ongoing collaborative career.
Applicants will be notified of final decisions by the end of June.
How to Apply (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDIKeOpViPw
Application Tips: https://www.nyfa.org/Content/Show/Application%20Tips
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New York City; New York