Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Oakland-East Bay (JLOEB)
Grants of up to $5,000 to California nonprofits located in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties for programs and initiatives that promote the self-sufficiency of local families, with a specific focus on housing, clothing, food, and jobs. Priority will be given to funding requests for the following:
- Programs that effectively utilize volunteers or seek to develop volunteer components.
- Programs that fill emerging gaps in community services.
- Programs that demonstrate grassroots community involvement.
- Programs that allow for opportunity for long-lived impact within the organization.
- Programs with a broad demographic reach – those that serve people of diverse races, religions, and ethnicities.
GrantWatch ID#: 177055
Individual grants shall not exceed $5,000.
Grants shall only be granted to nonprofit 501 (c) 3 agencies that demonstrate financial stability.
- Funding shall not be considered for the following types of expenditures: an individual’s project, research, staff training seminars, travel expenses, tuition, scholarships, or fundraising projects.
- Applications for funding of staff salaries are not encouraged.
- Grants shall not be given concurrent with any other League funding.
Community Enrichment Grant applications are not reviewed until after the deadline of December 8, 2017. If you are in need of an extension, please contact JLOEB directly at the email address listed in the contact information section below.
Submissions are evaluated and selected by members of the Community Programs Council. Semifinalists are subject to both a telephone interview and site visit. The Board of Directors approves the final grant recipients and grant amount awarded.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to JLOEBcommunityprograms@gmail.com.
Applications by postal mail are also accepted:
Junior League of Oakland-East Bay, Inc.
Attention: Sarah Talach, Director, Community Programs Council
1510 3rd Avenue
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
For questions, call (925) 284-3740 or email the address above.
USA: California: Alameda and Contra Costa Counties