Foundation / Corporation
The San Diego Foundation - 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation (4SCF)
01/08/18 5:00 PM PST
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 to San Diego County, California nonprofit organizations, schools, and government agencies for projects that benefit youth and address the health and well-being of individuals, families, and neighborhoods in the 4SRanch and Del Sur area.
Examples of eligible proposals include programs that address the mental, physical, and/or nutritional health needs of the general population or targeted groups, such as children, seniors, veterans, low income individuals, and the homeless.
- Program must be distinct with measurable outcomes.
- Project must benefit the youth in 4S Ranch and Del Sur.
- The Foundation encourages projects that demonstrate collaborative efforts.
- Project must have prospects for long-term sustainability (future funding, viability, etc.).
- Projects must have a sustainable impact, offering measurable/scalable outcomes and ongoing verifiable benefit(s) to the community or the population served.
- Projects must be innovative or encourage innovation.
- Applicants must have competent, experienced, and credible organizational leadership in place.
- Applicants must be culturally appropriate and sensitive.
- Applicants must initiate or foster collaboration with other community organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 177087
The 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation will accept requests in the range of $1,500 to $10,000.
Grants are made for one year. This grant cycle is June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019.
Any 501(c)(3) organization located in or providing services to San Diego County is eligible to apply for a grant through The San Diego Foundation.
To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Grants must be administered by a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or an organization that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3), a school, or other government agency. The Foundation does not make grants to supporting organizations or private, non-operating foundations.
- If organization is using a fiscal sponsor, a cooperative relationship between the two must be clearly demonstrated.
The 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation does not fund:
- Ongoing salaries and benefits
- Capital or annual campaigns
- Existing obligations/debt
- Projects that promote religious or political doctrine
The application deadline is Monday, January 8 at 5:00pm PST.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the grant guidelines.
Direct Guidelines: https://www.sdfoundation.org/grantseekers/apply-for-a-grant/#4scf
Application Preview: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/44499-4-S-Ranch-Del-Sur-Community-Foundation
Each organization may submit only one proposal per grant program area, but may submit to multiple programs at The Foundation if each proposal is for a different project. If a project is undertaken as part of a partnership with other organizations, no more than one organization may submit a proposal for that project. If more than one proposal is submitted for the same project, all applications will become ineligible. Grantees who have previously received a grant award may apply again.
If you have program area or project specific questions, please contact the person listed in the grant guidelines or the grants administration team.
- January 8, 2018 - Grant applications due by no later than 5:00 p.m.
- February through March 2018 – Site visits conducted with all finalists
- April 2018 – Selection of award recipients
- May 2018 – Award Celebration
- June 1, 2018 – Program funding start date
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/44499?apply=true
For program questions, please contact Trudy Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions regarding the online application, please contact Kerri Favela at email@example.com.
Phone: (619) 235-2300
USA: California: 4S Ranch and Del Sur Area