Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge
04/15/19 5:00 PM CST
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana nonprofit organizations for community arts and cultural programs. Funding is intended to support performances, public exhibitions, new artistic work, art workshops, compilation and publication of works of literary merit, and other costs associated with arts programming.
The Local Project Assistance Grant (PAG) supports arts programming that enhances the creative capacity and vibrancy of East Baton Rouge Parish.
The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge is pleased to announce the addition of a new component in its Local Project Assistance Grant. The Community & Diversity Fund will provide additional support for high impact community engagement within the City of Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish including but not limited to engagement activities or initiatives with populations whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by geography, ethnicity, economics or disability. The applicant may apply for this additional funding within their Project Assistance Grant.
Goals of the Local Project Assistance Grants program:
- To enhance the creative capacity and vibrancy of Baton Rouge
- To develop larger and more diverse audiences for arts and cultural programs
- To increase opportunities for local artists and/or provide local audiences with access to regional and national artists of note
- To close gaps in access to the arts, especially for people with otherwise limited opportunities
- To encourage new initiatives and enhance existing programming
Nonprofit organizations may apply for grant funds to support costs related to arts programming. Eligible expenses include artist fees, production costs, supplies, equipment rental, and other direct costs associated with art programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 177139
For the Project Assistance Grants, funding availability is $1,000 to $10,000 per project.
The Community & Diversity Fund component will be a set award amount of $2,000, in addition to the awarded Project Assistance Grant. Organizations may apply for these additional funds as an expansion to their proposed Project Assistance Grant project.
Funded project or event must occur between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020.
- The applicant must be a nonprofit corporation, organization, association, or institution, chartered with the State of Louisiana or holding an IRS 501(c)(3) status for at least one year. No part of an eligible organization’s earnings should be used for the benefit of any individual.
- The applicant must be domiciled in East Baton Rouge Parish.
- The applicant must have an active board of directors and officers.
Funding from other Arts Council administered grant programs will not affect eligibility.
Governmental agencies, churches, synagogues, and public/private universities and schools are not eligible.
Funded projects and events must take place in East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Capital Improvements
- Deficit reduction
- Mortgage payments
- Fundraising events or expenses (though admission-paid events are eligible)
- Purchase of permanent equipment or real property
- Scholarships, fellowships, or tuition assistance
- Events not open to the general public, except in projects involving schools or school systems (K-12), detained youth, or other special populations
- Permanent staff costs
- Activities intended to primarily serve only an organization’s own membership
- Refreshments and event decor
- General operational support
- Administrative costs not associated with the project
- Artists’ fees to non-professional artists and/or student artists (including college/university students seeking undergraduate or graduate arts degrees), and anyone under the age of 18
A PAG Grant Workshop will be held February 15th, 1-2:30 pm at the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 2nd floor.
Deadline: April 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST
Submit the application online. No printed, emailed, faxed, mailed, or hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Arts Council staff will notify applicants of funding status within two months of the grant deadline.
The organization must provide matching funds equal to 50% of the total project cost.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://artsbr.awardsplatform.com/
For questions, information, and technical assistance, contact:
Monica Pearce, Director of Grants Management & Special Projects
(225) 344-8558 xt. 228
Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge
427 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, La 70801
USA: Louisiana: East Baton Rouge Parish