GrantWatch.com
GWI.education

Local Project Assistance Grant (PAG)

Grants to East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
Nonprofits for Arts and Culture Programming

GrantWatch ID#: 177139
Agency Type:

Foundation / Corporation

Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge

09/01/17 5:00 PM CST Receipt

Request a Grant Writer

Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 to East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana nonprofit organizations for specific arts and cultural projects and programs. Funding may be used for production costs, public exhibitions, new artistic work, art workshops, public presentations on topics of a historical or artistic interest, compilation and publication of works of literary merit, or other similar events.

Evaluation Criteria:

Artistic merit - 30 %
High artistic quality; expertise of professional artists involved; contribution to the art form or the understanding and appreciation of the art form involved

Cultural/community needs - 30%
Level of impact on community need; ability to expand public awareness and involvement in the arts and humanities; potential community or audience support for the project; impact of the project on underserved groups such as ethnic minority, mentally or physically challenged, elderly, or new audiences; non-duplication of existing programs within the community; and opportunity for involvement and advancement of professional Louisiana artists and humanists.

Applicant organization - 20%
History, stability, fiscal controls; in good standing if Arts Council grants previously awarded; and ability to achieve project objectives.

Project feasibility - 20%
Clearly defined objectives; effective plan for implementation; realistic budget; and effective evaluation procedure.

Requests range from $500 to $3,000 per project.

Projects may occur between November 1 of the current year and October 31 of the following year.

The applicant must be a nonprofit corporation, organization, association, or institution, chartered with the State of Louisiana or holding an IRS 501(c)(3) status for at least one year. No part of an eligible organization’s earnings should be used for the benefit of any individual.

The applicant must be domiciled in EBRP and serve all or part of the Greater Baton Rouge area.

The applicant must have an active board of directors and officers, as well as have evidence of community support.

Governmental agencies, churches, synagogues, and public/private universities and schools are not eligible.

Grants will not be awarded for non-art related expenses including but not limited to capital improvements, administrative or permanent staff costs, deficit funding, mortgage payments, the purchase of permanent equipment or real property, scholarship programs, events not open to the general public, refreshments, or fundraising events (though admission-paid events are eligible).

Deadlines are annual on February 1 and September 1, 5:00 PM CST.

Arts Council staff will notify applicants by letter regarding the outcome approximately 2 months after the deadline.

Please note: No more than two projects per applicant being funded per granting round.

Additionally, the PAG program will not fund 100% of a project’s cost. The organization must provide matching funds equal to 50% of the total project cost, and demonstrate the match in the application budget. The match may be a combination of cash and the value of in-kind (donated) services. Matching cash may include admission fees, donations from business and industry, or other organizational funds. Governmental funds may be used as a cash matchto the extent that those funds plus Arts Council funds account for no more than one-half of the total project expenditures.

80% of the grant is awarded upon the signing of the contract and submission of a check request and revised budget; the remaining 20% is reimbursed after acceptance of the Final Report showing compliance with all grant requirements.

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Register and apply online:
https://acgbr.fluidreview.com/

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:

Liz Goad, Grants Manager
lgoad@artsbr.org
(225) 344-8558, ext. 228

Technical questions may be submitted to support@fluidreview.com.

Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge
427 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, La 70801

See the full text of this grant

USA: Louisiana: East Baton Rouge Parish

Live Chat with a Grant Specialist

Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.

We have grants for:

Loading...

Need help?

Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.

Customer Sales & Support (561) 249-4129