Foundation / Corporation
02/21/18 8:00 PM
Grants of $10,000 plus one grand-prize winner to Sonoma Valley, California nonprofits to launch a new major program or expand an existing one that addresses the needs of a target community. A letter of inquiry is due on January 11, 2017. Proposals may also be for new or existing collaborative efforts between one or more agencies, including planning for collaborations.
The Impact Grant does not need to align to a particular focus area. Instead, all applicants will simply submit a proposal that best serves their target community.
Impact Grant finalists will receive an unrestricted merit grant of $10,000 to be used by the nonprofit in any manner that supports their operation. The winner will receive a $100,000 grant.
Please note: All grants must benefit the area from Kenwood to Schellville.
GrantWatch ID#: 177178
1 Impact Grant winner; 3-5 finalists
Impact Grant winner: $100,000
The $100,000 Impact Grant can be spent over three years.
Applicants for the $100,000 Impact Grant must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a grant from Impact100 Sonoma:
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be in operation for at least 36 months prior to applying for the Impact Grant
- Provide services in the geographic area ranging from Kenwood to Schellville
- Provide services to benefit residents of Sonoma Valley
- Expend 100% of funds awarded by Impact100 Sonoma in Sonoma Valley
- Faith-based organizations are eligible to apply if the faith-based organization is part of a collaborative grant application. The faith-based organization may not be the lead agency or the fiscal agent. No inherently religious activities are allowed to be performed in the proposed project.
Grant funds may not be used in these ways:
- General operating expenses
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Grants to individuals
- Private foundations
- Endowment funding
- Interim or bridge funding
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Projects of religious organizations or bodies of worship
- Annual appeals or fundraising drives, activities, or events
- General capital campaigns unrelated to a specific project
A Fiscal Agent may not be used by a nonprofit when applying for the $100,000 Impact Grant unless the proposed project is a Collaborative Project involving two or more nonprofits.
Technology – software and hardware – can be included in a proposal if it is integral to the proposed program or project.
Capital expenditures may not exceed 25% of an Impact Grant request.
Organizations awarded the $100,000 Impact Grant may not apply for the $100,000 Impact Grant for the following 3 years.
Any and all nonprofits are cordially invited to attend the following events, taking place at the Vintage House, 264 First Street East.
- Educational Symposium: October 18, 2017, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Grant Application Workshop: November 14, 2017, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- The online Organization Information Form and Letters of Inquiry must be submitted no later than 8:00 PM on January 11, 2018, by email to the contact below.
- All applicants will be notified by email by January 17, 2018, regarding whether or not they are invited to submit a full Impact Grant proposal.
- Full proposals will be due February 21, 2018.
- After selected site visits, Finalists will be notified by May 16, 2018.
- Finalists will give presentations on May 19, 2018.
- The final announcement will take place on June 9, 2018 at the Impact100 Sonoma Annual Grants Awards Celebration.
Application process: http://www.impact100sonoma.org/grant-information/application-process/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Organization Information form: https://impact100sonoma2016.formstack.com/forms/grant_app_copy_2
(*Please note: The Funding Source may still be in process of updating the form).
Submit the Online Organization Information form and LOI by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia Sims, Impact Grant Chair
P. O. Box 1958
Sonoma, CA 95476
USA: California: Sonoma Valley, ranging from Kenwood to Schellville