Foundation / Corporation
Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF)
01/31/18 11:59 PM Electronic Receipt; 2/1/2017 4:00 PM Hard Copy Receipt
Grants to Eau Claire Area, Wisconsin nonprofit organizations to benefit local communities in the areas of arts and culture, education, animal welfare, environment, recreation, social services, accessibility needs, and the needs of elders. There are two main types of grant for which you can apply:
1. Program Grants fund programs or services provided by your organization
2. Asset Purchase/Improvement Grants fund specific purchases that will help keep your organization running smoothly.
The Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF) serves Eau Claire and its surrounding area by awarding grants to organizations whose programs address needs in the following areas:
- “Create Culture” (Arts and Culture) – Supports programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in our community through music, visual and performing arts, and museums.
- “Form Futures” (Education) – Supports programs that provide instruction for children and adults offered by established institutions or nonprofit organizations, as well as programs that offer learning or community development opportunities.
- “Give Green” (Environment, Recreation, Animals) – Supports programs that engage children and adults in activities that improve or sustain the quality of our natural resources. Also supports programs that provide opportunities for children and adults to engage in sports, fitness, and health and recreational activities.
- “Offer Opportunities” (Social Services, Accessibility Needs, Needs of Elders) – Supports programs that fill important needs for children, adults, and families, such as basic health services, food, shelter, safety, and clothing.
The Foundation favors innovative proposals that:
- Promote collaboration and reduce duplication of services
- Build upon the strengths of the community so it may respond more effectively to local needs
- Apply the Foundation’s limited resources optimally to meet important community needs.
- Preference will be given to requests that demonstrate the most urgent and immediate need for funding.
- The ECCF rarely provides the entire support of a project. It encourages the participation of others in funding projects.
- The ECCF will consider funding start-up costs directly related to the grant proposal, such as paying staff for extra hours required to implement a program or training expenses related to grant-funded asset purchases.
GrantWatch ID#: 177184
Grants are made for one year only. Due to limited financial resources, the ECCF prefers not to grant funds to any organization in frequent succession.
- The ECCF makes grants to nonprofit agencies located in the Eau Claire area, or to those able to demonstrate significant impact within this area. Preference will be given to agencies located within the Eau Claire area.
- Applicants will need to submit evidence of 501(c)(3) tax status, or another qualified 501(c)(3) organization must agree to serve as fiscal agent. Applications from tax-exempt entities like government and religious organizations are also accepted.
- Grants shall be awarded for current expenditures, not for obligations previously incurred.
- The ECCF supports projects which have been planned in light of overall community needs and which do not duplicate existing services.
- The ECCF does not make grants to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, familial status, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, lawful sources of income, national origin, or any other discriminatory practice prohibited by state or federal law.
Grants from the ECCF competitive application process are not used for the following:
- Repetitive requests (i.e. the same use year after year)
- Previously incurred operational expenses, such as rent and salaries, that are not integral to the implementation of the grant request
- Direct grants to individuals, annual campaigns, or lobbying
- Contributions to endowment funds, contingency funds, or reserves
- Sectarian (religious) programs, if the program participation requires membership in the religious group or commitment to specific beliefs prescribed by the religious group
- Organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own membership
- For the payment of interest or taxes
- Applications from or on behalf of schools with affiliated school Foundations, such as the Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation
- Generally, the Foundation doesn’t fund applications with other Foundations as fiscal agents
Grant Workshops are available in November, December, and January. Please see the Events tab of the ECCF website home page for specific dates: http://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/events/
You are encouraged to attend these workshops, which are free and open to anyone interested.
Upcoming workshop - click here for more information: https://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/events/grant-training-3/
Grant Training Session:
Date: January 4, 2018
Time: 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Location: Eau Claire Community Foundation Office, 306 S. Barstow St. Suite 104, Eau Claire, WI
This training session will provide information about the Eau Claire Community Foundation and Women's Giving Circle grant cycles as well as tips for writing effective grant proposals. It's free and open to anyone interested.
Please note, if you can't make it to any sessions but have questions, feel free to contact the Program Specialist.
The deadline for submitting online grant applications is 11:59 PM on January 31, 2018. The deadline for submitting hard copies to the ECCF office is 4:00 PM on February 1, 2018.
Grant applicants will be informed of the results by May 4, 2018.
The ECCF rarely provides the entire support of a project. It encourages the participation of others in funding projects.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the following documents:
- Grantmaking Guidelines
- Grant Application Checklist
- Field of Interest Funds for Grant Applicants
- Grant Acceptance Agreement
- Grant Writing Tips
- Grant Training Agenda
The application is submitted online, but if you would like to see PDF versions of the applications, please click Asset Grant Application Form or Program Grant Application Form attached below. Note that these copies are for review only; applications must be submitted using the online form in order to be considered for funding.
- Please mail or hand-deliver ten hole-punched, stapled, double-sided copies of your grant application.
- Do not include promotional materials from previous projects, report jackets, or binders. Once you submit your completed online application, whoever is listed as the Grant Contact will receive an email with all the information you submitted. You can print this out and use it to make the 10 copies.
- Please upload a PDF file of each of the documents listed in the Required Attachments section of the online grant application form. You don’t need to make hard copies of these forms; we just need to have them on file for Due Diligence purposes. If you have letters of support, they can be printed and included with the hard copies for the Grant Reviewers to read.
New This Year:
- ECCF will only accept one application per organization.
- If your grant proposal is for an Eau Claire School, please apply to the Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation rather than ECCF.
- Generally, the Foundation doesn't fund applciations with other foundations serving as fiscal agents. If you have a fiscal agent, please provide a letter of support form that organization.
- If your application requires collaboration with a school, please upload a signed letter or an email from the school superintendent.
- ECCF will consider funding operations costs such as salaries or training expenses if they are integral to implementing the grant proposal.
- Grant reports for funded grants will be due by July 1, 2018. Missing reports or reports submitted late without board approval will make the organization ineligible for funding in the next ECCF grant cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Program Grant Application: http://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/lasting-impact/apply-grant/eccf-grant-application-materials/program-grant-application
Asset Grant Application: https://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/lasting-impact/apply-grant/eccf-grant-application-materials/asset-grant-application/
If you wish to attend the January 4th workshop, please RSVP to the ECCF Program Specialist. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 552-3801 if you have questions or would like to reserve your spot.
USA: Wisconsin: Eau Claire Area