Foundation / Corporation
11/14/17 5:00 PM PDT
Grants of $15,000 and grants of $20,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations, Tribes, First Nations, and schools to benefit Aboriginal and Native American youth through physical activity and sports programming. The purpose of this program is to create positive experiences in sports and physical activity for Native American and Aboriginal youth across North America.
The N7 Fund is Nike’s long-term commitment to bring sport and all its benefits to Native American and Aboriginal communities in North America, with a focus on youth. The N7 Fund believes that kids are made to play, and through sport, Native youth can unleash the power of their generation. The Fund believes in the unifying power of sport to empower communities to take on some of the greatest challenges that Native American and Aboriginal youth face, such as diabetes, obesity, suicide, and low graduation rates.
N7 embraces the Native philosophy: “In every deliberation we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.” Through N7, Nike provides opportunities for Native American and Aboriginal youth to play, get active, and become forces for positive change in their communities for generations to come.
Programs must meet the following requirements:
-Program must serve the Native American or Aboriginal community. (No less than 90%)
-Have a sport or physical activity focus.
-Serve youth, ages 18 years of age and under.
-Agree to provide reports demonstrating results from N7 grant funds
1. Applicant organization is well managed.
2. Goals are feasible and well-planned and project budget is reasonable.
3. Likelihood of success is high.
4. Cost per participant is realistic.
5. Community need and support are clear.
6. Measurement plan is feasible.
7. Nike N7 support will have significant impact given the project size.
GrantWatch ID#: 177207
Nike N7 Fund makes grants of $15,000 USD/CAD or $20,000 USD/CAD.
The N7 Fund grant would need to be used within the award year.
For US applicants, you must be one of the following:
-A 501(c)(3) public charity;
-A Federally-recognized Indian Tribe; or
-A school, but you must have a fiscal sponsor who has tax-exempt status.
For Canadian applicants, you must be a nonprofit entity or a registered First Nation.
Not Eligible for Funding:
1. One-time event support
2. Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships, and personal assistance).
3. Group or individual travel.
4. Research or project planning activities.
5. Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams.
6. Publications or audio visual projects.
7. Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities.
8. Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular or community focus.
9. Lobbying, political, or fraternal organizations.
10. Capital projects unless Nike N7’s award would be the final funding needed.
11. Projects and events occur prior to a Nike N7 Fund award.
12. Successful applicants will not be eligible for the following three grant cycles.
Nike N7 support may leverage additional resources.
The 2017-2018 N7 Fund Grant Cycle is now open. All online applications must be submit by 5:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
About the N7 Fund:
About the Grant Cycle:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon