Iron Belle Trail Grant
Grants to Michigan Nonprofits, Agencies and Authorities for Improvements to State Trail
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Grants to Michigan, nonprofits, municipalities and established Trail Authorities to improve the State Trail that stretches from Belle Isle in Detroit to Ironwood in the western Upper Peninsula. Areas of focus include trail segments prepared to go into construction in 2016, continued support of the engineering and design and purchase of Iron Belle Trail signage. This is a reimbursement grant program.
- All projects will meet Americans with Disabilities Access requirements.
- All projects on the bicycle route will use AASHTO design standards (in certain cases reduced width is allowed. Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.)
- Applicants will be Local Units of Government or an established Trail Authority or eligible non-profits on the Iron Belle Routes
- Trail segment is on the proposed trail route (map available on request).
- Applicants will have site control (after planning, if route is being determined) and will be the manager of the trail segment that funding is applied for.
18 recipients were awarded in the last round of funding.
In the last round of funding, round two, $350,000 was awarded. Recipients were each awarded amounts up to $30,000 for route planning, engineering, design projects or trail signage along either the Iron Belle Trail's hiking or bicycle routes.
Applicants will be Local Units of Government or an established Trail Authority or eligible non-profits on the Iron Belle Routes.
Eligible scope items: engineering/design assistance, development costs and trail signage.
For information on the last round of funding:
To view the interactive trail map: http://www.midnr.com/Publications/pdfs/ArcGISOnline/ironBelleWebApp/index.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Return the completed application form in Supporting Documents to:
If you experience problems with electronic submission please call: 517-284-6082
For more information contact:
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.