Foundation / Corporation
United Way Northwest Territories (NWT)
Grants of up to $7,500 and multi-year grants of up to $15,000 each year to Northwest Territories registered charities for community benefit projects. Funding will be allocated to projects that fit within the Fund's three focus areas: education and child development, assistance to people living in poverty, and improved access to healthcare and social services.
Focus area details:
- From poverty to possibility: Moving people out of poverty and meeting basic human needs
- Healthy people, strong communities: Improving access to social and health-related support services and supporting resident and community engagement
- All that kids can be: Improving access to early childhood learning and development programs, helping kids do well at school, and make the healthy transition into adulthood
GrantWatch ID#: 177259
The maximum amount is $45,000, allocated in three annual distributions of up to $15,000.
Single-year funding is up to $7,500.
Applicants may request single-year funding, or multi-year funding for up to three years.
Applicants must be an organization that is a:
- Nonprofit, charity registered with Canada Revenue Agency
- Direct service provider
- Offers programs or services directly addressing one or more of United Way’s three
- Operates in the NWT
Application deadline: December 8, 2017
How it Works:https://www.nwt.unitedway.ca/how-it-works
Funding Evaluation Criteria: https://www.nwt.unitedway.ca/funding-evaluation-criteria
Principles and Values: https://www.nwt.unitedway.ca/principles-and-values
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For further information or clarification, please contact Amber Henry, Campaign Coordinator and Administrator at:
You can either email your completed application to the above email address or mail it to the Fund at:
United Way NWT
PO Box 1145
Yellowknife, NT. X1A 2N8
Canada: Northwest Territories