Foundation / Corporation
The Philadelphia Foundation - Edna W. Andrade Fund
04/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 to USA local and national nonprofit art organizations and museums for programs and exhibitions that promote visual fine artists from the Greater Philadelphia area. For the purpose of this grant program, fine artists are defined as individuals working in two- or three- dimensions who employ, without limitation, the media of painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, or sculpture.
The grants will benefit visual fine artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by supporting:
- The purchase or the commissioning of works of art created by artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by local or national museums or other charitable organizations
- The funding of one-person exhibitions of Greater Philadelphia artists at local or national museums
- New or continuing educational, cultural, humanitarian or environmental projects by individual artists or groups of artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by nonprofit organizations that are acting as fiscal agents on behalf of the artist/s.
The Greater Philadelphia area is defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
GrantWatch ID#: 177310
Up to 6
Grants are awarded in amounts ranging from $10,000 to $25,000.
- 501c3 status
- The organization must have created, curated, produced, or presented at least three professional public exhibits or projects within the last five years.
- If the organization is a religious institution, it may only apply for nonsectarian activities.
- The organization must have adopted a non-discrimination policy including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability and any other legally protected characteristics.
This grant supports grants for local or national museums or nonprofit art organizations with exhibitions or programs that benefit visual fine artists of Greater Philadelphia, as defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
This grant does not cover the following:
- Private foundations
- Intermediary funding agencies
- Government agencies
- Endowment or capital projects or campaigns
- Advocacy or lobbying activities
The grant application process is not open to individual artists.
The grant cannot be used for activities completed prior to the application.
Applications are due April 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM.
Final grant decisions will be made by May 15, 2018.
Preview the application online:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
USA: New Jersey: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer Counties; Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties