Foundation / Corporation
New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (NJWLA)
12/18/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to New Jersey nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions to advance the status of women working in legal professions. Consideration will be given to the research, development, and implementation of initiatives that meet the following goals:
1) Support and promote women lawyers to the highest levels of law firm, government, academic, community and corporate positions and the judiciary;
2) Engage in statewide and/or nationwide efforts designed to retain women in the legal profession, including through providing education;
3) Remove barriers to women’s entry and advancement in the legal profession;
4) Develop and promote women leaders, role models and mentors in the legal profession;
5) Educate the legal profession and general public about gender equity concerns and issues related to the legal profession;
6) Provide a voice for women, including in shaping legislation of importance to women; and
7) Encourage women to attend law school.
GrantWatch ID#: 177328
The total amount of Grant availability will be $25,000. There is no dollar limit on the amount an organization may apply for; however, NJWLA anticipates that it will award multiple grants in 2017 from this amount.
The Grant Cycle is January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
Applicants must be a nonprofit, federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization (nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies are eligible to apply).
Please note that NJWLA is most interested in applications with a geographic focus that benefits individuals living and working in New Jersey.
-A program must be specific to the mission and purpose of NJWLA.
-Salaries, if requested, must be for personnel directly related to this program only and not general work of applicant. These salaries must also be in line with nonprofit salaries and should not include a component for fringe benefits.
Applications must be received by 5:00 PM on December 18, 2017. NJWLA will announce the grant awards by February 2, 2018. All recipients will receive written notification.
Applicants that are awarded funding will be featured in the Gala Program for the 2018 NJWLA WILL Platinum Gala.
Grant recipients are strongly recommended to attend the 2019 NJWLA WILL Platinum Gala as guests of the Association, and, if requested, provide a summary of grant outcomes.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the completed grant application electronically in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
And send one paper original to:
Colleen Skinner, Executive Director
New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
372 Franklin Avenue, Suite 713
Nutley, NJ 07110
For questions, please call Colleen at (973) 819-9488.
USA: New Jersey