City of Williston - Williston STAR Fund
12/14/18 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Northwestern North Dakota and Northeastern Montana nonprofits and civic organizations for programs that will enhance the quality of life for residents of the Williston Trade Region. Proposals may include activities that are recreational, cultural, educational, historical, health/fitness- or social/ethnic-related.
Generally, funds shall be used for:
- Capital improvements (i.e. land, buildings, equipment.)
- Programs, annual, and special events
- Operating expenses
- Marketing, community development and job creation
GrantWatch ID#: 177391
Qualifying applicants usually receive $500 to $5,000 in grant funding. Applications for less than $2,500 will not be considered for funding.
Funds are to be expensed within 12 months from receipt of Letter of Approval. Extensions are only allowed upon STAR Fund Board approval. No funds will be committed beyond the current project year.
All non for profits within Williston and the surrounding trade region are encouraged to apply. The Williston trade region could be defined but not limited to communities within a 70-mile radius of Williston.
1) Funds will be used to develop nonprofit organizations.
2) Organizations for profit will be considered for these funds only under the most unusual circumstances and only when it can be determined the venture meets the general purpose for which the fund was established.
3) No project shall be funded that violates any state, federal or constitutional provisions (i.e. equal access laws, discrimination on the basis of race, sex or religion, separation of church and state, etc.)
No project shall be financed from this fund which will allow it to unfairly compete with existing projects or organizations (profit or non-profit).
Restructuring existing debt generally will not be considered.
The deadline to apply is Friday, Dec. 14 at 5 p.m. Applications may be emailed, mailed or delivered to Williston Economic Development. The STAR Fund Advisory Board will evaluate the applications and hold interviews in January of 2019.
CE applications must show proof of matching funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Williston Economic Development
113 4th St. E
Williston, ND 58802-1306
Williston Trade Region
USA: Montana; North Dakota