Foundation / Corporation
Slow Food Bluegrass
03/01/18 Before midnight
Grant of $5,000 over three years to a Louisville, Kentucky school or nonprofit for a school-based gardening project. Funding is intended to promote universal access to healthy, ecologically sound food sources. Eligible projectsare those that are focused on connecting and engaging children with fresh fruits and vegetables.
Priority will be given to both limited-resource communities and projects clearly demonstrating strong buy-in from stakeholders.
GrantWatch ID#: 177438
This grant totals $5,000 and will be distributed over the course of three years: $2,500 in year one, $1,500 in year two, and $1,000 in year three.
The grant will be distributed over the course of three years.
- Applicant must be (a) a nonprofit school or school district (public, private or charter, elementary, middle, or secondary), (b) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working in partnership with one or more schools or (c) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an approved JCPS Out-of-School Time (OST) program.
- Applicant must have the capacity to manage grant funds responsibly and the skills and experience necessary to undertake a project involving the Garden Project.
- Applicant must demonstrate that the Garden Project has strong participation from stakeholders, including the school principal or 501(c)(3) program director (as applicable), volunteers, and members of the community.
- Applicant must demonstrate that thoughtful consideration is being given to the technical challenges of the Garden Project construction, expansion or renovation and regular maintenance: including, but not limited to, soil testing, water availability, tool storage, and municipal regulations.
- Applicant must articulate a compelling plan for integrating the garden into the life of the students and community, and must have plans to put the garden’s produce to good use.
- Applicant must comply with the grant terms and report expenses yearly in order to receive the next years grant funds.
Applications will be accepted between November 15, 2017 and March 1, 2018 only. Grant outcome notifications will be on March 8, 2018. Applications must be received before midnight on March 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScog-4gfHivKEjo5FNQIwpUDE5J46TIvkWxpgpLQ7-duyw5pQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Kelly Buenning, Administrative Coordinator
Contact form: http://www.slowfoodbluegrass.org/contact/
USA: Kentucky: Louisville