Foundation / Corporation
Western Lane Community Foundation (WLCF)
01/15/19 - Close of Business or Postmarked
Grants generally ranging from $100 to $5,000 to western Lane County, Oregon nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that enhance the quality of life in the local community. Grant funding is intended for programs in the areas of medicine and science, education, arts and culture, and social and civic services.
The Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types:
1. Projects or programs aimed at providing needed services or facilities for which public funds are either not available or are not sufficient, and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
2. Programs which would contribute to the cultural, economic, educational or social betterment of our community by addressing the source of major problems rather than merely dealing with their continuing effect upon our society.
GrantWatch ID#: 177491
Grant requests and awards vary greatly in amount, with a range from $100 to around $5,000, depending on the nature of the grant project and funds available for distribution.
Nonprofit organizations serving the residents of Western Lane County, Oregon are eligible.
Generally, grants will not be made to organizations for the following purposes:
1. Emergency funding;
2. Travel to or in support of conferences;
3. Debt retirement or operational deficits;
4. Annual fund drives or operation expenses and/or administration, i.e., rent, salaries, except during a startup period not to exceed three years;
5. Sectarian religious purposes (does not preclude consideration of requests for educational, medical, or social service-oriented programs open to all community members undertaken by church-affiliated or supported agencies);
6. Programs relying on federal or tax dollars for their principal support unless for needed innovative pilot or demonstration programs for which public funding is not available.
Applications must be postmarked or received no later than close of business January 15, 2019.
All grant applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and each applicant will be contacted by a board member for an interview regarding the grant request. Grants will be selected in February and awarded in late March.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit questions and applications in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, mail to:
Western Lane Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1589
Florence, Oregon 97439
USA: Oregon: Western Lane County