Foundation / Corporation
New Brunswick Wildlife Trust Fund (NBWTF)
Grants to New Brunswick nonprofit organizations for a broad range of programs and projects to protect and enhance fish and wildlife populations and habitats. In addition to traditional conservation efforts, funding may also be requested for environmental education programs and summer camps.
Fisheries Development Program: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/programs/fisheries-development-program
- To provide funding to conserve, enhance, or create fish habitat.
- To provide funding to enhance fish production and protection to meet the demands of the recreational fishery.
Wildlife Development Program: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/programs/wildlife-development-program
- To provide funding to conserve, enhance, or create habitat for native wildlife.
- To provide funding for programs and projects to ensure the well being and perpetuation of wildlife populations.
Trapping Program: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/programs/trapping-program
- To provide funding for activities that will enhance humane trapping practices (education), maintain public support (information distribution), promote trap development and testing (research).
Biodiversity Conservation: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/programs/biodiversity
- To encourage conservation of wildlife species as functioning components of ecosystems and as a contribution toward the biological diversity of native species and habitats in New Brunswick.
- To facilitate identification, conservation and recovery actions of native species at risk as a consequence of human activities.
Conservation Education: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/programs/conservation-education
- To provide funding for programs and projects that will initiate youth of New Brunswick to conservation and traditional uses of wildlife resources.
- To provide funding for information programs for the general population on conservation, traditional use and protection of the resources.
GrantWatch ID#: 177512
The Wildlife Trust Fund will fund conservation projects on a cost shared basis not to exceed 75% of total project cost.
The project for which funding is being requested from the NBWTF must be completed within one year from the time the project commences. Funding for multiple years is never given, although applicants can apply each year for similar or continuous projects.
New Brunswick Wildlife Trust Fund (NBWTF) exists to assist non-profit organizations in their efforts to benefit wild life.
Who cannot apply: Municipalities, Provincial, and Federal Governments, Industry Associations, and Private Corporations
Capital items will not be considered for funding by the NBWTF. Capital items are defined as those items having a life span longer than one year and costing more than $100.
Mileage and meals – NBWTF can fund up to the provincial rate. Any extra will have to be covered by the organization or other sources of funding.
Application deadlines are Dec 1 and May 1 of each year. The application must be sent by midnight on those
dates to be eligible for consideration.
All applicants will receive written acknowledgement of receipt of proposal within two weeks following deadline.
While organizations can submit more than one project, a separate, stand alone application must be submitted
for each project.
The NBWTF can only provide funding for up to 75% of the total project value. Applicants should try to secure funding from various sources, especially from associated industry or government funds.
In-kind support may be considered as part of the 25% of the project costs being contributed by other sources, but will be carefully scrutinized.
Wildlife Trust Fund: http://www.nbwtf.ca/about-us/introduction/
Wildlife Trust Terms of Reference: https://www.nbwtf.ca/en/about-us/wildlife-trust-fund-terms-of-reference
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://nbwtf.ca/nbwtf_v3/login/?lang=en
New Brunswick Wildlife Trust Fund
P.O. Box 30030
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 0H8
New Brunswick Wildlife Trust Fund
Suite 223, 2nd floor Core
1350 Regent St
Fredericton, NB E3C 2G6
Telephone: (506) 453-6655
Fax: (506) 462-5054
Cellular: (506) 447-8947
Canada: New Brunswick