Foundation / Corporation
Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation
03/12/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Pasadena area, California nonprofit organizations and educational institutions for activities and equipment that will contribute to the cultural, educational, and civic advancement of eligible communities. Initial applications are due on January 25, 2018. Grant applications must fall in one of the following three categories:
1. Sports and Recreation,
2. Visual and Performing Arts, and
3. Volunteer Motivation and Leadership Development.
Grants will be considered for organizations based in and serving the following communities in the Pasadena area: Alhambra, Altadena, Arcadia, La Canada, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, and Temple City.
GrantWatch ID#: 177528
The Foundation awards grants annually to 30-40 agencies.
In recent years, grant awards ranged from $1,000 up to $10,000. The maximum grant award available is $10,000.
Applicants have one full year to expend funds from the date the funds are awarded on May 16, 2018.
1. The applying organization must be exempt from income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation as of the submission deadline (5:00 pm on January 25, 2018). Organizations with a pending or revoked IRS tax-exemption status are ineligible for funding consideration.
2. The applying organization must not discriminate in hiring of staff, selecting volunteers or providing services on the basis of any individual’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, religious belief or observance, creed, age, gender, mental or physical disability, veteran status, military status, medical condition, perceived pregnancy, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identification, gender expression, genetic characteristics or any other consideration protected under federal, state or local laws.
3. The applying organization's operating budget must be less than $2 million. If the applying non-profit is operating under a parent organization, the total amount of the budget for the agency (applicant) and parent organization combined must not exceed $2 million. This does not apply to fiscal sponsors. The $2 million operating budget limitation refers to the organization, not the proposed project/program.
4. An organization must submit only one (1) application per year, and not have been funded for the last three (3) consecutive years. (An organization funded for three consecutive years becomes ineligible for funding for a period of one year.)
For the following circumstances, an applicant must satisfy special stipulations. Refer to the Special Stipulations document in Supporting Documents below for further information.
1. An organization operating under a fiscal sponsor or parent organization
2. An applicant utilizing one or more collaborator or working in partnership with one or more organization, venue, entity, or individual
3. Schools and school districts or City College Foundations
Grants will NOT be considered for the following purposes:
2. Annual or capital campaigns, dinners, event tickets and other fundraising activities
3. To pay existing or anticipated debt
4. General and administrative operating expenses (such as rent, utilities, etc.)
5. Private foundations
6. Professional, fraternal, political, veterans, or military programs or activities
7. Programs promoting a particular religious faith or belief
The Foundation Grants Workshop is scheduled for November 3, 2017.
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation grant application is a two-phase online process. For phase one, applicant organizations need to complete the Agency Profile and the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation Application form. The submission deadline is 5:00 pm the last Thursday in January, 2018 (5:00 pm on January 25, 2018).
Organizations chosen to proceed to phase two will be notified via e-mail, through the Constant Contact e-mail service, the week of February 26, 2018. At that time, the finalist agencies will have two weeks to provide all additional, required documentation.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to email Foundation staff to ask eligibility and application questions in advance, from November 3, 2017 through January 23, 2018.
- November 3, 2017: Foundation Grants Workshop
- November 20, 2017 (approximately): CTK Online Grants System begins accepting applications
- November 3, 2017 through January 23, 2018: Applicants can submit their questions
- December 8, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.: Final Reports due – 2017 Grant Recipients (in order to apply for a 2018 grant)
- January 25, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.: Completed Agency Profile, Grant Application and verification of 501 (c)(3) status and ability to produce back-up documentation due to the Foundation
- Week of February 26, 2017: Notification sent to grant application finalists (Phase II); and to Phase I non-finalists
- March 12, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.: All back-up documentation received from grant finalists
- Week of April 30, 2018: Notification sent to Grant Award Recipients; and to any unsuccessful finalists
- May 16, 2018: 2018 Grant Award Reception
- May 30, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.: Final Reports due – 2017 Grant Recipients (electing to use the full year to spend grant funds; not eligible for 2018 grant)
- December 7, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.: Final Reports due for 2018 Grant Recipients (in order to apply for a 2019 grant)
Watch an application tutorial online at the bottom of the page: https://www.tournamentofroses.com/foundation/grant
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: California: Pasadena area: Alhambra, Altadena, Arcadia, La Canada, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, and Temple City