Foundation / Corporation
YouthServe and Joseph S. Bruno Charitable Foundation
Grants totaling $20,000 to Alabama nonprofits for community benefit programs that involve youth in the Birmingham metropolitan area. Eligible programs are those that strive to improve access to healthy food, foster opportunities for education and extracurricular activities, or emphasize the importance of the environment.
The Youth Philanthropy Council (YPC) is comprised of twenty-five area teens who study in depth about the grant-making process, create and RFP and reward grants totaling $20,000.
Youth Philanthropy Council Purpose: To give youth a voice in driving positive community change in the Birmingham metro region of Alabama through an effective grant-making process.
As a group of philanthropic youth, they direct their focus toward funding programs in 2019 that work to break the cycle of poverty or violence impacting youth in the metro Birmingham region in one of the following focus areas:
- Education: Programs/Organizations fostering equal access and opportunity to education and extra-curricular activities at every grade level
- Health: Programs/Organizations offering access to healthy food, especially to school-age children, especially to those in food deserts
- Environment: Programs/Organizations innovating on green spaces and nature conservation, programs emphasizing the awareness of and importance of public transit, or any programs coordinating responsible, environmentally-friendly transportation.
Operational support will be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 177565
- Organizations/Programs must utilize youth volunteers
- Must be an equal opportunity employer
- Must be a 501 c3 organization
- Must be located and serve the Birmingham metro region.
No grants are made to or for:
- Fundraising events
- Religious events
- Political organizations
- Debt reduction
Full proposals should be submitted to YouthServe, Inc. by qualifying non-profits by no later than January 1, 2019. Because the youth will be reviewing the applications the first week in January, it will be impossible to consider late applications.
- Youth Philanthropy Council (YPC) will review applications on January 5 and will conduct site visits for grant finalists throughout the month of January.
- YPC will make final funding decisions on January 26.
- YPC will notify grant recipients in February.
- YPC Grant Awards Ceremony will occur March 7, 2019 (all recipients must be present to collect awards)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, go to:
P.O. Box 530334
Birmingham, AL 35253
2717 7th Ave S, Suite 105
Birmingham, AL 35233
USA: Alabama: Birmingham