Foundation / Corporation
Texas Bar Foundation
07/15/18 5:00 PM CT Receipt
Grants to Texas nonprofit organizations for programs and services that enhance the justice system and cater to underserved populations in need of legal aid. Funding is intended to support proposals that focus on the areas of ethics in the legal profession, the education of the public, legal assistance to the needy, the encouragement of legal research, forums, and publications, and other programs that relate to the administration of justice.
Specifically, grants are awarded in the following areas:
- Legal services for the underserved
- Education of the third branch of government
- Ethics and professionalism in the legal profession
- Administration of justice
- Victim services
The Texas Bar Foundation prefers projects that:
- Have a statewide impact
- Encourage and promote legal assistance to poor and disadvantaged people
- Encourage pro bono legal work
- Help members of the public understand their rights and responsibilities under the law
- Are new or innovative approaches that require 'seed money' to launch
- Enhance the ethical and professional practice of law
- Strengthen the court system or the administration of justice
- Produce legal research, publications, and forums
GrantWatch ID#: 177597
Bar Foundation funds must be used within 12 months of the date of the award.
The Texas Bar Foundation awards grants only to 501(c)3 charities serving the State of Texas, and, consequently, no grants are awarded to individuals. Bar Associations, though 501(c)6 organizations, are encouraged to apply for project support.
Special instructions for entities affiliated with the State Bar of Texas can be obtained by calling Foundation staff.
The Texas Bar Foundation does not favor grant awards for:
- Projects outside the State of Texas
- Propaganda, lobbying activities, or the election of public officials
- Fund raising benefits or mass appeal solicitations
- Additions to endowments
- Multi-year commitments or repeat grants to the same project
- Continuing legal education programs, unless they are experimental or not self-supporting
- Operating expenses, unless used exclusively for a project
The Fall submission deadline is July 15, 2018. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the day of the deadline.
Preview the application questions: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=texasbar
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=texasbar
Amy Weir, Grants Manager
Phone: (512) 480-8000
Fax: (512) 480-8005
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Bar Foundation
515 Congress Ave., Ste. 1755
Austin, TX 78701