Foundation / Corporation
The 1772 Foundation - Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
Grants of up to $15,000 to Connecticut nonprofit organizations for the preservation of historically significant buildings. LOIs are due December 31, 2017. Eligible projects may involve exterior and surface restoration as well as
foundation repair and security and safety precautions.
The Foundation will consider the following:
- Matching grants for exterior painting, finishes and surface restoration
- Matching grants to install or upgrade fire detection, lightning protection, and security systems
- Matching grants for repairs to/restoration of porches, roofs and windows
- Matching grants for structural foundation and sill repair/replacement
- Matching grants for chimney and masonry repointing
GrantWatch ID#: 177614
Up to $15,000
To be eligible to apply, organizations must have a 501(c)3 IRS designation.
Funding will not be provided for schools or churches.
Grants require 1:1 matching funds.
Letters of inquiry will be accepted until December 31, 2017. Invited applications will be due March 1, 2018. You will be notified no later than May 18, 2018 of the board's decision.