Grants to Canada nonprofits, tribal councils, and municipal agencies for one-time events that celebrate an important local personality or historical event. Funding is available for small capital projects to accompany events. Eligible capital projects may include restoration of objects, community art projects, local history books, statues, and murals.
The Community Anniversaries component provides funding to local groups for non–recurring local events, with or without a minor capital project. Eligible events and capital projects are those that commemorate the 100th anniversary or greater (in increments of 25 years) of a significant local historical event or personality.
Funding is intended for events that:
- Present the work of local artists, artisans and heritage performers or specialists;
- Actively involve members of the local community; and
- Are intended for and accessible to the general public.
GrantWatch ID#: 177625
- Funding includes capital projects up to a maximum amount of $25,000.
- Successful projects may receive up to 100 percent of eligible expenses to a maximum of $200,000 for eligible events.
Funding is for events that will occur during the next calendar year.
To be eligible for funding under the Community Anniversaries component, organizations must be:
- A local, non-profit organization or group;
- A local band council, local tribal council or other local Aboriginal government or equivalent organizations (First Nations, Inuit or Métis); or
- A municipal administration, a municipal agency or a public authority of the municipality.
January 31 for events that will occur during the next calendar year.
Funding information: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/building-communities.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request the Community Anniversaries Application Guide and an application form.
Regional offices of the Department of Canadian Heritage: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/contact-us.html
Department of Canadian Heritage
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage
15 Eddy Street, 8th Floor
TTY: 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon