Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Utah - Utah Women’s Giving Circle
12/15/17 Midnight MST
Grants to Utah nonprofits for programs that provide a measurable, direct, and immediate impact on women and girls. Funding is intended to support organizations that strive to empower women and girls in Utah through education and awareness of women's equality.
- Civic Participation and Leadership – Programs that give women and girls the opportunity to become involved as leaders in their own communities and political process
- Economic Opportunity – Programs that give women the means to prosper and close the wage gap
- Education – Programs that provide women and girls the opportunity to be successful, such as scholarships and girl’s math, science, and technology programs
- Health and Well-being – Programs that support the health and well-being of women and girls, including healthy choices, access to reproductive health care, and advocacy issues
- Safety – Programs that address the root causes of violence against women, including sexual assault and domestic violence, including legislation protecting women’s rights.
Specifically, funding this year will be focused on the following areas, based on the demographic trends presented at the Giving Circle's Spring event. The Giving Circle seeks to invest in innovative projects that have the potential to “bend the curve” and create sustainable trajectory shifts in Utah in regard to:
- Closing the Gender Wage Gap
- Closing the Gender Education Gap (Retention & Graduation)
- Creating access to Affordable Child Care
- Increasing voter awareness of how votes impact Utah women and girls (Non-partisan projects only)
GrantWatch ID#: 177633
For reference, grants in 2016-2017 ranged from $500 to $6,000.
All funds must be spent in the year provided.
- The organization, or a program or project within the organization, serves to empower women and/or girls in Utah or a community within Utah
- Current IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt designation
- The organization has not received a grant in the past two years
Please note: The Circle is unlikely to fund grant applications seeking support for ongoing programming, such as program support for a child care center. While the Giving Circle recognizes how essential these programs are, grants are not ongoing and therefore focus is placed on projects that have the potential to produce a more systemic impact.
Email applications by midnight MST on December 15, 2017.
Projects that are placed on the ballot will be required to send a representative to the Annual Voting Party in January 2018 and checks will be cut by mid-February for awardees.
Nominated organizations that are placed on the ballot will be required to send a representative to the Annual Voting Party in late January and checks will be cut by mid-February for awardees.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications and letter indicating nonprofit status must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Chair: Safia Keller
Coordinator: Emily Capito
2257 South 1100 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84106