Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Broward
Grants to Broward County, Florida nonprofits and government agencies for cancer research projects and for cancer patient support services. Funding is intended to support research and promising clinical trials on the most prevalent and deadliest cancers, and to provide financial support to cancer patients and their families.
Projects the Foundation supports must demonstrate impact as follows:
- To support cancer research and clinical trials for Broward patients, with a preference for Phase III clinical trials for those suffering from the deadliest and most prevalent cancers. (Phase III Research compares the use of new treatment with the current standard cancer treatment through clinical trials engaging a wide range of participants to ensure the result is valid. Phase III research holds the most promise to impact the lives of Broward’s cancer patients.)
- Connecting cancer patients and their families in need with organizations providing psychological/emotional support.
- Providing temporary financial assistance as needed to patients and families affected by cancer to ease the financial stress caused by the disease.
GrantWatch ID#: 177639
One-year grants will follow a payment schedule outlined in the grant agreement.
After the completion of a successful one-year grant, if the project has gained a satisfactory level of traction and is moving the needle on the issue, the Foundation may consider your organization for either continual funding of the same project or a future multi-year grant for that project, if requested.
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that serve Broward County
- City or County Agencies with projects that demonstrate charitable intent in Broward County
- Individuals and not eligible to apply.
- Previous or current grantee organizations must be in good grant standing and have submitted all required reports and documentation for all prior grants from the Foundation. A current grantee must be in compliance with the terms of those awards to be considered and eligible to apply.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
Application Start: July 28, 2017
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017
Grants Awarded: December 2017
Click here to view grant guidelines: http://cfbroward.org/Resources-for-Nonprofits/Grants
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the grant guidelines in a PDF.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply for Clinical Research Grants:
Click here to apply for Cancer Patient Support Grants:
Angelica Rosas, Charitable Funds Manager
910 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone: 954-761-9503 ext: 114
USA: Florida: Broward County